С++ Engineer (Avid Audio) IRC148525
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv, Lviv|
|Skills:||Audio Expertise, Boost, C++, OOP, Qt, STL|
Avid is a global leader in solutions for the digital media creation and distribution industry.
Products developed by Avid have received numerous Oscars, Grammy, and Emmy awards and are used all around the world.
Audio team at Avid Technology is famous for Pro Tools software and live sound mixing consoles called VENUE.
Our long-term project works in the audio domain on the creation of Avid’s award-winning live sound mixing consoles, which power the biggest concerts of famous artists and Broadway theater shows. Additionally, we participate in the development of other audio products.
We are an enthusiastic team, tightly integrated with the Customer. Each team member is able to participate not only in the development but also in the design of the product by proposing ideas and features or particular ways to implement the desired functionality.
We support flexibility with working hours and always find time to have some fun.
We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence.
- No less than 2 full years of practical experience in C++
- Good understanding of OOP paradigm and principles, experience in OOD
- Good knowledge of STL
- Basic experience with Qt framework
- Ability to become familiar with unknown codebase in a limited time
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Basic understanding of multithreading/multiprocess concepts
- General understanding of digital audio
- Attentive to details
- Good debugging skills
- Experience in using Boost libraries
- Experience in networking (TCP/UDP, asio)
- Interest/practical knowledge of music creation
- Embedded development experience
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Experience in QMLAgile/Scrum
Good spoken/written English – must be enough to directly communicate with customer
After the war is over, be able to either:
– Work from the office
– Efficiently work from home while still visiting the Kyiv office from time to time; be able to have relatively big hardware at home
QML, DSP, Embedded
- Participate in the development of one of the world’s best high-end mixing consoles, as well as other audio products.
- Extend and maintain existing functionality, and add support for new hardware.
- Handle both cross-platform (Windows Embedded and Linux) and platform-specific code.
- Communicate with the product owner and participate in improving requirements, proposing new ideas.
- Develop user interfaces using Qt/QML, with underlying functionality on C++.
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.