AWS DevOps Engineer IRC158485
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
This position offers tremendous opportunities to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball, baseball, and hockey analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 pro teams, international, and college teams. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
As a member of the Synergy team, its engineering team will contribute to the ongoing development of Synergy’s revolutionary online sports data and video delivery solutions, building applications such as:
- Sports Analytic Systems
- Data Logging and annotation Systems
- Computer Vision, Video and Game Pipeline for Operations Systems
- Backend Data and Video API Platforms
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline-driven and provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well-being of our team and their loved ones.
- Strong experience with AWS, AWS Aurora, Lambdas, AWS SQS, Redis, and AWS IOT.
- A Cloud, Containerization, Infrastructure as Code, Observability and scripting expert.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception to inception, including system design, build, deploy and operate
- Supports implementation of standards and best practices related to system architecture, deployment, KPI’s and operational health
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through, automation, process refinement, post-mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- A practitioner and evangelist of DevOps principles
- Proficient in the use of data to measure and optimize performance in development and production
- Creation of automated build and deployment capabilities for products under development
- Implement “self serve” capabilities in build, test, deploy and measure
- Optimize the development life-cycle
- Responsible for data collection relative to developer productivity, test results, deployment results, infrastructure health/performance and application health/performance
- Responsible for infrastructure as code in collaboration with Platform Teams
- Aids in the investigation of technical issues between Platform Teams and Development
- Build and foster a culture of collaboration and cross functional support
- Reduce the time to market for software products and services
- Working within a well-established team of experienced DevOps engineers.
- Work with Kubernetes, microservice architectures, cloud providers and other modern and exciting technologies.
- Collaborate with supporting colleagues from all over the world.
- The opportunity to work and develop within an inspiring and fast-growing company.
- A challenging but rewarding and fun environment.
We’re looking for an addition to a group of highly experienced engineers in a DevOps solutions and technology team. Working closely with engineering teams to foster a strong culture of collaboration, system development lifecycles and infrastructure as code practices. Develop and support high quality digital solutions, with a focus on building operational awareness, supporting configuration management and ensuring quality. Become integral to a team of software developers, test analysts and product owners as part of the DevOps Practice.
Sportradar is a truly digital organization with a very broad array of B2B applications and services. As we embark on a very exciting technical transformation with a focus on cloud migration and microservice architectures, it is a great time to join our team!
To succeed in this role, you have a background in software development. You should have a passion for DevOps, extensive experience of tooling centric to software crafting/hosting and an expert level understanding of software quality, reliability, release and scaling principles. You will have experience setting up continuous integration/delivery in agile teams. In addition, you will have operational experience with system administration or site reliability engineering which allows you to craft and maintain resilient systems. You will also have a natural desire to automate all things, coach and guide your peer development community and a passion for reproducible results.
There are several key challenge areas:
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.