Cost Analyst IRC150921
|Location:||United States - San Jose CA|
– As a Product Cost Analyst in Devices and Services, you will design, work with and manipulate data sets to extrapolate key insights that help grow our business. You’ll partner with cross-functional stakeholders in order to provide data-driven solutions. You will serve as a point of contact for all activities relating to the device level cost tracking, analysis, and reporting. Additionally, you will be responsible for coordinating and driving cross-functional efforts to make sure that products progress through development and into mass production at cost and margin goal. Working with Product Management, Hardware Engineering, Industrial Design, Finance, and Operations teams, you will be a point of contact for cost data that contributes to delivering financially healthy products
– Tasks include: Managing BOMs and SKUs (structures and costing), gathering cost information (email and/or calling), file archiving and general maintenance, development, troubleshooting and improvement of spreadsheet models.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in a business related field.
– 2+ years of experience in supply chain, sourcing/commodity management, contract manufacturing, or program management in a quantitative / analytical role.
– Experience with spreadsheet software.
– Experience building cost models, analyzing cost trends, and assessing opportunities and risk for new or early-stage product development.
– Experience in hardware development lifecycle
– Ability to work well amidst ambiguity and demonstrate problem solving leadership with limited oversight.
– Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations with distinctive problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with impeccable business judgment.
– 4 years of experience working in data analytics or related field.
– General understanding of business concepts such as: BOMs, Capex, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Return On Investment (ROI) and Supply Chain Management.
– Ability to synthesize key results from data sets, and present them to technical and non-technical audiences.
– Ability to define and prioritize tasks.
– Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
– Master’s degree in a related field; preferably quantitative.
– Ability to actively seek creative solutions to optimize cost while supporting rapid product development growth.
– Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment.
– Team collaboration and communication skills.
– Ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams.
– Knowledge of or experience using programming/scripting languages to automate tasks and/or manipulate data sets.
– Knowledge of or experience designing and implementing systems architectures.
– Design, build, and maintain strategic solutions (e.g., dashboards, reports, and trackers)
– Develop and accurately track product cost models from inception/concept design stages and through the entire product lifecycle.
– Utilize industry knowledge, analytics, competitive industry data, and other inputs to identify cost inefficiencies and opportunities to identify realistic and challenging cost goals.
– Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders to identify facilitation, design, and feature operational cost opportunities and track through to execution.
– Develop effective presentations of findings and recommendations for multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative cost information, building and prototyping dashboards to provide insights at scale.
“If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/
What We Offer
Exciting Projects:Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance:GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home.
Professional Development:We provide continuing education classes, professional certification and training (technical, soft skills, language, and communication skills) to help you realize your professional goals. Being part of a global organization, there are additional learning opportunities through international knowledge exchanges.
Excellent Benefits:We provide our employees with competitive salaries, health and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a matched contribution 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and PTO and holidays
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.