Data Engineer IRC118554
|Location:||Slovakia - Kosice|
|Skills:||Azure, Big Data, Hadoop, Jenkins, Kafka, Linux, Python, Scala|
GlobalLogic is seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to help us improve and help to develop new modern personalized digital platform. Every developer in our team has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact. We are looking for an innovative and passionate developers who want to take ownership of features and projects and collaborate with other developers and product managers to evaluate, design, and implement from top to bottom. We will provide opportunities to work with cutting edge technology that helps millions of people save their/the money.
We are seeking for creative and motivated engineers to work on our digital coupon solution. There are a wide variety of challenges that have been and still needs to be solved. You will have opportunities for growth and development. You will be part of a team that works on services that have saved over 1 billion coupons.
Project for customer base in the U.S. shaping the ways CPG brands operate in the market. Work with us using the latest technology and influence the way over 50 million shoppers act each day.
The mission of the Analytics Architecture team is to enable analytics at scale. We do this by making sure the Analytics and Data Science teams have the necessary Cloud Infrastructure, Tools and Data to execute their research and development of machine learning/AI models. We then work to implement these models into the larger technology infrastructure. The team is the link between Analytics business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its IT strategy. The team is unique in its capability as a bridge between Analytics and technology, having a good understanding of analytics’ unique needs and tech stack, tools, etc.
- Recent experience in hands-on software development
- Experienced in software for distributed production systems
- Masters degree a computer science or related field
- 8 years overall work experience
- 5+ years of experience with some of the Big Data technologies (Spark (Scala/Python), Azure Cloud, Hadoop)
- Experience in scaling spark applications, optimizations and performance tuning
- Expert knowledge of distributed computing, RDD and optimization techniques
- Knowledgeable in Warehouse solutions (ex. Yellowbrick, Snowflake
- Experience in work automation.
- Process mapping experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in ML/Datascience libraries like Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras
- Proven proficiency with data analysis and ability to troubleshoot data issues
- 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix Systems, scripting.
- Experience of software engineering in Python and Scala
- Experiences using dev ops tools (ex. Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops)
- Able to develop/unit test and deploy complex data & analytic solutions
- Able to mentor fellow co-workers to expand overall team skills.
- Advanced communication skills to present solutions clearly to the team and users.
- Working knowledge of Agile software engineering processes.
- Community developer presence (github, apache, open source projects, etc)
- Positive attitude towards challenges.
Scrum, Retail & eCommerce, Snowflake
- Design, Develop, Deploy and Maintain Analytical solutions in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Azure Cloud, Hive, Databricks, Spark (Scala/Python), and other open-source technologies) in 3 main areas including:
- Data ingestion pipelines from diverse sources, large scale structured and unstructured data
- Pipelines for machine learning model building, training and scoring
- Data aggregation pipelines that feed Catalina Analytic and Reporting solutions
- A developer will actively participate in agile SCRUM ceremonies including:
- Refinement, Planning, Stand ups and Retros
- Flushing out business requirements and adding acceptance criteria & tasks to User Stories
- Participate in peer review code sessions to ensure quality of code.
- Clearly communicate with management on proposed solutions/challenges.
- Track and resolve data issues showing creative problem-solving skills.
- Lastly, responsibilities also include:
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of data ecosystem and trends; be a subject matter expert
- Recommends new tools to improve current stack and solve data needs efficiently.
All of this work should be scalable code that follows company standards and be clearly documented
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance:GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and financial reimbursement for travel.
Professional Development:Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes continuing education classes and technical trainings to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with a broad range of benefits including laptops and smartphones reimbursed by a company alongside voice and data packages in a special benefit system called BenefitCafeteria that can be used for shopping, relaxing, travelling or even education according to one’s preferences. Significant benefits also include 4 extra vacation days and learning and development opportunities within the company. Travel insurance and complementary pension savings plans are some of the other benefits you receive when joining GlobalLogic.
Fun Perks:We want you to love your work as well as a company you work for. That is one of the reasons why we host social and teambuilding activities throughout the year. We support our employees in healthy lifestyle so we reimburse entry fees for sport events. We love meeting each other as colleagues, as friends, as family. That is why we cater breakfast every Thursday – fruit but also traditional, so we have a great opportunity to spend some time together. Are you done with your work waiting for another task or you need to turn off your head for a while? Relax Zone is exactly what you need! GlobalLogic provides its employees with amazing colorful Relax rooms that are a great place to rest, have coffee or a lunch, challenge your colleague in Xbox game, table tennis or football, or even throw a party and celebrate whatever with whoever you want!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.