Data Engineer IRC126609
|Location:||Slovakia - Kosice|
|Designation:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Azure, Big Data, Hadoop, Linux, Python, Scala|
We are seeking Data Engineer to help us improve and help to develop new modern personalized digital platform. Every developer in our team has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact. We are looking for an innovative and passionate developers who want to take ownership of features and projects and collaborate with other developers and product managers to evaluate, design, and implement from top to bottom. We will provide opportunities to work with cutting edge technology that helps millions of people save their/the money.
We are seeking for creative and motivated engineers to work on our digital coupon solution. There are a wide variety of challenges that have been and still needs to be solved. You will have opportunities for growth and development. You will be part of a team that works on services that have saved over 1 billion coupons.
Project for customer base in the U.S. shaping the ways CPG brands operate in the market. Work with us using the latest technology and influence the way over 50 million shoppers act each day.
- Recent experience in hands-on software development
- Experienced in software for distributed production systems
- 5+ years overall work experience
- ETL jobs experience is required
- Experience in work automation
- Proven proficiency with data analysis and ability to troubleshoot data issues
- experience with some of the Big Data technologies (Spark (Scala/Python), cloud-based solutions – preferably Azure Cloud)
- Databricks, Data Factory experience is a plus
- Experience in scaling spark applications, optimizations and performance tuning is advantage
- Knowledgeable in Warehouse solutions (ex. Yellowbrick, Snowflake) is nice to have
- experience with Linux/Unix Systems, scripting.
- Experience in software engineering in Scala and Java
- Experiences using DevOps tools (ex. Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops) is nice to have
- Advanced communication skills to present solutions clearly to the team and users.
- Working knowledge of Agile software engineering processes.
- Community developer presence (github, apache, open source projects, etc) is adavntage.
- Positive attitude towards challenges.
- Financial or Telecommunication domain knowledge is advantage
Scrum, Retail & eCommerce, Snowflake, Finance
- Refinement, Planning, Stand-ups and Retros,
- Flushing out business requirements and adding acceptance criteria & tasks to User Stories,
- Participate in peer review code sessions to ensure the quality of code.
Design, Develop, Deploy and Maintain solution for moving Data from legacy systems to new Data Lake (single source of truth for data).
The ideal candidate should be eager to learn new technologies on the fly and help products to be more powerful and robust. All processes and code are deployed on a cloud-based solution (Azure).
All of this work should be scalable code that follows company standards and be clearly documented.
A developer will actively participate in agile SCRUM ceremonies including:
Recommends new tools to improve the current stack and solve data needs efficiently
Wage (gross): from 2 200 EUR/month, final salary depends on your experience and skills
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance:GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and financial reimbursement for travel.
Professional Development:Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes continuing education classes and technical trainings to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with a broad range of benefits including laptops and smartphones reimbursed by a company alongside voice and data packages in a special benefit system called BenefitCafeteria that can be used for shopping, relaxing, travelling or even education according to one’s preferences. Significant benefits also include 4 extra vacation days and learning and development opportunities within the company. Travel insurance and complementary pension savings plans are some of the other benefits you receive when joining GlobalLogic.
Fun Perks:We want you to love your work as well as a company you work for. That is one of the reasons why we host social and teambuilding activities throughout the year. We support our employees in healthy lifestyle so we reimburse entry fees for sport events. We love meeting each other as colleagues, as friends, as family. That is why we cater breakfast every Thursday – fruit but also traditional, so we have a great opportunity to spend some time together. Are you done with your work waiting for another task or you need to turn off your head for a while? Relax Zone is exactly what you need! GlobalLogic provides its employees with amazing colorful Relax rooms that are a great place to rest, have coffee or a lunch, challenge your colleague in Xbox game, table tennis or football, or even throw a party and celebrate whatever with whoever you want!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.