Data Engineer IRC157170
|Skills:||Apache Spark, Python, R, Scala|
Globallogic is currently extending cooperation with their client and building a Data Analytics Team in Kraków. We are excited to work with one of the largest retail pharmacies, and health and daily living destinations across the USA and Europe. This is a great opportunity to join a new team, work in an international environment and build a long-term relationship with the customer. Our teams are co-located with the customer in USA & Italy. We deliver various services in this strategic partnership to build a new pharmacy platform: Product architecture and development, Integration, DevOps, User Experience and Design, and Agile coaching.
Don’t stand and watch the IT world moving forward – create software that makes your world!
- 3+ years of expirience in Data Engineer role
- Solid experience with Scala or Python or R
- Strong distributed systems knowledge
- Strong software engineering/development skills
- Experience with Apache Spark or Cassandra or Hadoop
- Data processing experience at scale
- Experience designing and implementing microservices
- Team player with a passion for learning, programming, automation, and data processing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (min. English B2)
- Experience with Databricks, Functional Programming, SQL – will be a plus
- Experience with any of Cloud: MS Azure/ AWS/ GCP – will be a plus
- Technical contributor, as a software developer, in a cross-functional development team, focused on building out a full-featured data processing platform
- Leverage big-data technologies for data processing, including Apache Spark, Kubernetes
- Contribute to the data platform ecosystem, including implementation of microservices or serverless components using Scala
- Work with the DevOps engineers to design and build observability features (telemetry, tracing) and CI/CD
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.