DevOps Engineer IRC147817
|Location:||Ukraine - Kharkiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Ansible, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, MySQL, NoSQL, Redis, Saltstack, Terraform|
Our Client is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kid swear, and accessories.
Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their rapidly growing technology team. He/She will join a squad and support it with all DevOps needs by delivering complex tasks independently, helping them be more efficient by increasing automation and supporting the continuous integration and delivery pipeline. The Senior DevOps will be accountable for the reliability, scalability and resilience of complex infrastructure components in terms of quality assurance and production. The ideal candidate will actively contribute to knowledge dissemination within the organization, participate in the recruiting and onboarding of new employees, and mentor Junior DevOps on the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years’ experience administrating Linux based environments: Red Hat, CentOS, Debian or Ubuntu.
- 3+ years’ experience with service oriented architectures, software development life cycle.
- 2+ years’ experience practicing continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Proficiency with infrastructure automation frameworks in at least two of these technologies: Terraform, Saltstack, Ansible.
- Expertise in infrastructure to support a microservice architecture.
- Strong knowledge of caching technologies (Fastly, Redis, Varnish) with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Expertise with RDBMS (MySql, Postgres) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, DocumentDB, MongoDB) databases at scale.
- Proficiency in Cloud resources (AWS) with the ability to operate them for the components owned, Certification preferred.
- Ability to use containers and orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, Docker, Container registries etc.).
- Proficiency in Git.
- Strong English: written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn fast.
- High work ethic and results-oriented.
- High sense of accountability and ownership.
- Solution-oriented mindset and can-do attitude to overcome challenges.
- Team player with a natural ability to build relationships.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and master frequently changing Web technologies and techniques.
- Anticipate and surface the squads’ DevOps needs and ensure they are addressed in a timely manner by completing independently complex tasks.
- Identify areas for efficiency improvements within the teams and set up the required solutions such as error logging, monitoring, automation of manual tasks, notifications, proof of concepts of new technologies, file and data synchronizations, etc.
- Work with the DevOps chapter to select and implement the tools, pipelines and processes to allow for continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- Be accountable for performance, reliability, scalability and resilience of complex and critical infrastructure components for multiple squads (web servers, data stores, hosted services, load balancers, etc.) through the proper use of replication, sharing, load balancing, monitoring, SLAs, alerting, and auto-scaling.
- Be an active participant in the incident escalation chain and prompt resolution.
- Upgrade and patch systems as required while ensuring availability of service.
- Contribute to cross-squad initiatives, acting as a change agent amongst peers to foster adoption of new processes or technical solutions.
- Actively contribute to Client’s University, the internal peer learning platform, by giving one class per quarter in order to promote continuous learning.
- Participate in the onboarding of new developers.
- Contribute to solution designs, challenging other members on technical decisions and explaining the technical design to junior DevOps so they can write documentation for the rest of the team.
- Participate in HR recruiting events, helping to identify and recruit top developers.
Ownership and accountability:
Knowledge sharing and coaching:
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.