DevOps engineer IRC167337
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Skills:||Ansible, Bash, BitBucket, Docker, Git, Groovy, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Linux, Python, Terraform|
Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative broadband solutions that deliver video, voice and data to communications providers around the world. GL team participates in the development, QA and support of several generations of these solutions.
DevOps team provides infrastructure, environments and tools for building Debian packages or docker images (CI) and assembling them into a deliverable product. The team ensures that appropriate approaches are used for development, provides needed support for it and, sometimes, guidance. Also, the DevOps team manages on-premise servers with Debian Linux which host custom-written build and assembly environment.
For build tools and build environment, the next scripting languages were used: Python, Perl, Bash. They are extensively used for automation including REST API servers and clients. Some automation is performed with Jenkins.
All sources are stored in SVN and GIT and hosted on on-premise storage or Bitbucket. Artifacts are stored on self-hosted Debian repositories or Artifactory (for docker images).
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in DevOps;
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins;
- Deep knowledge of Groovy;
- Hands-on experience with Bash and basic knowledge of Python is mandatory;
- Hands-on experience with building Debian packages;
- Hands-on experience in production environments;
- Experience provisioning tools with modern configuration and deployment management systems (IAC concepts, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, etc.);
- Knowledge and experience with cloud eco system;
- Deep knowledge of Kubernetes concepts and deployment of MicroServices Architecture;
- Deep knowledge in Git, Bitbucket (as a user);
- Advance user of Linux;
- Strong documentation skills, artifactory skills – an advantage.
Experience with Perl.
- Lead and manage DevOps for a critical, high-availability application;
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to make it more secure, scalable, and robust;
- Work closely with each team in our R&D department;
- Design, build, and maintain CI/CD pipelines and construct a state-of-the-art CI/CD automation infrastructure;
- Support and assist our QA automation efforts and integrate those seamlessly into the CI/CD pipeline.
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and a demonstrated team player;
- You are on top of your game in terms of DevOps tools and practices;
- You should excel in working with large-scale applications in a fast-paced environment and have outstanding communication skills.
We are hiring a DevOps Engineer with at least 2 years of experience working with a C-based development teams/tools.
We seek someone who takes ownership of their tasks and executes them on the highest levels.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.