Java developer IRC127567
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Skills:||Java, Microservices, MongoDB, REST|
Avid creates the technology that people use to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world…the shows, commercials, and news programs you watch on TV…the entertaining video and film stories you see on the web and on the big screen. Our innovative digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us dozens of awards, including 2 Oscars®, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®. If you want to be a part of the media industry’s transformation and think you have what it takes to contribute to our customers’ success, please send us your credentials.
Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
Exciting projects involving newest technologies
Professional development opportunities
Excellent compensation and benefits package, performance bonus program
Modern and comfortable office facilities
Team scope description
The team is in charge of backed services satisfying necessities of a comprehensive media platform. Main goal for the near future is a microservice system that provides the ability to effectively and efficiently manage various media resources.
The team works in fully remote mode with a flexible schedule but milestones and deadlines must be satisfied as well as important meetings/conversations must be attended. Also, a flexible schedule is not allowed to negatively affect the whole team progress.
Required background and experience
* BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
* Good knowledge of Java
* Good understanding of service-oriented architectures
* Experience developing web-applications
* Good understanding of microservice architecture
* Knowledge of database design and technologies esp NoSQL
* Experience using Linux based operating systems
* Knowledge of REST architecture
* Good OO-design and -programming skills and experience writing software using Test-Driven Development principals
* Experience with source control system (e.g. git)
* Desire to work with distributed team and across several time zones
* Willingness to learn
* At least Intermediate level of English (both spoken and written) and ability to communicate in English is a must
* Ability to work in remote mode
Will be a plus
* Experience with MongoDB, Redis, messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
* Understanding of service deployment models and virtualization/container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience developing using an agile/SCRUM process
Groovy, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Linux
* Develop (code design/write/review, testing, documentation) the core platform services and components that drive the foundation functionality and infrastructure.
* Troubleshooting, diagnosing field issues, and fixing bugs.
* Requirements analysis and proactive communications with product owners and architects.
* The successful candidate must be able to communicate well in a multi-site project, including coordinating of development and deliverables with other teams in Kyiv, Germany, Poland and US.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.