Java Developer IRC133864
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Docker, Git, Java, Nginx, SQL|
Our customer is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, our customer has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset and workflow management and new digital solution-based technologies.
This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive and desire to ‘make things’. It requires a highly motivated individual with attention to details and a hunger to learn and solve problems.
- BS degree in Computer Science field or equivalent hands-on experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Java
- Experience with Docker, composer, Git, Jira, Nginx, apache, Linux
- Experience with distributed systems and related concepts
- Experience with SQL including but not limited to MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, ability to make technical decision and leverage AWS in architecture (RDS, S3, EC2, SQS)
- Working knowledge of distributed computing and SOA architectures (REST, JWT)
- Understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
- Working knowledge of web application security
- Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on – completes tasks quickly and thoroughly
- Excellent work ethics and communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Experience with following subjects desirable:
- Video/audio containers, codecs
- Image file format specifics and properties
- Media manipulation tools: ffmpeg, mediainfo, sox, mp4box, imagemagick
- Subtitling file formats internals / requirement
- Closed captioning file formats internals, line 21 stream (CEA-608)
- Secure Content Streaming with DASH, RTMP, HLS
- Manage, design and participate in development of multiple server-side software development projects in a fast-paced multitasked environment
- Assisting with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production systems (you build it, you own it, you run it)
- Ensure long term software quality, scalability, and maintainability
- Thinking out of the box to come up with solutions that scale, are fault-tolerant, easy to grasp and elegant.
- Follow software development best practices on topics such as code structure, automated testing, and documentation
An engineer in this position will design, develop, and architect services for the Deluxe One platform, in addition to:
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.