Junior Accountant IRC157919
|Location:||United States - San Jose CA|
GlobalLogic is seeking to fill the role of Junior Accountant to help with the company’s revenue accounting operations. This position will report to the Staff Accountant and assist in generating complex customer invoices in a labor-based environment and perform activities in the revenue accounting function. This position is responsible for the daily management of project set-up of customer account activity, ensuring accurate billing in a timely manner, and handling disputes on invoicing. Other responsibilities involve revenue operations activities such as helping to ensure revenue close process efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring the accuracy of revenue reporting (both from a management reporting and external reporting perspective), analyzing key trends/judgment areas, booking journal entries for revenue deferral as well as performing reconciliations and deferred revenue analysis.
- 1 year of experience in Finance/Accounting
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Promotes collaboration, works well with others and maintains a positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field
- Experience with billing labor hours a plus and working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Oracle ERP
Billing systems, Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Understand and own the processes of the Company’s revenue cycle to ensure proper revenue recognition compliance with USGAAP and internal policies
- Review new contracts and purchase orders for non-standard terms and conditions and compliance and ensure that all revenue for the period is recorded and recognized according to USGAAP and the Company’s revenue policy
- Work closely with management daily to review detailed, sometimes complex, client contracts to ensure proper project set-up, billing, and revenue recognition and maintain accuracy and integrity of customer data files
- Record monthly revenue recognition and ensure compliance with USGAAP and the Company’s internal policies
- Process customer invoices and ensure correct billable resources, hours and rates are generated timely and accurately for Time and Materials, Fixed Price, and Cost+ professional service engagements
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Delivery, Sales, and Finance teams, handle customer queries/issues and coordinate timely resolution
- Manage day-to-day revenue accounting functions including month-end close, reconciliation of revenue related accounts, preparation of revenue deferrals, monthly analysis, and internal and external audit schedules
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, the flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Partner with ERP team and other departments to streamline and automate accounting processes and transactional cycles in relation to Revenue Recognition, Invoicing and Customer Management
What We Offer
Exciting Projects:Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance:GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home.
Professional Development:We provide continuing education classes, professional certification and training (technical, soft skills, language, and communication skills) to help you realize your professional goals. Being part of a global organization, there are additional learning opportunities through international knowledge exchanges.
Excellent Benefits:We provide our employees with competitive salaries, health and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a matched contribution 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and PTO and holidays
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.