Junior Backend Engineer (Go) IRC157960
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Junior Software Engineer|
This is a great opportunity for an engineer to work with modern cloud technologies, get extensive knowledge in the video delivery domain, and have a deep understanding of the complex media processing system. You can get the experience of working with cloud-based OTT systems which stream hundreds of video channels 24/7 to hundreds of thousands of end-users. From the software development side, you will be able to participate in planning and estimation, implementation, testing, and supporting different system components/workflows. You can learn best practices from other senior teammates and contribute to project-wide improvements.
Our R&D Team is distributed between several locations (Kyiv, Hong Kong, France, US, Israel) and has 140+ members (40+ of them are located in Kyiv). In Kyiv, we are responsible for several major functional areas and product workflows, which means covering the main stages from planning and feature design to verification and further support.
GlobalLogic project description:
The product description can be found here:
- 1+ years of relevant working experience;
- practical knowledge and experience in Go;
- experience in test automation (unit, component);
- good analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- good communication and reporting skills;
- intermediate level of English.
- knowledge of Linux software development;
- knowledge of OTT video formats such as DASH/HLS, and Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI);
- experience with cloud platforms AWS, GCP, and MS Azure;
- knowledge in k8s, Docker.
- implement robust and scalable software solutions/features using an agile development approach;
- participate in bug fixing, code reviews, documentation, refactoring, and optimization;
- research new technologies, standards, techniques, and 3rd party frameworks;
- work and regularly communicate with distributed R&D team;
- troubleshoot and analyze problems identified in the software;
- cover the code with the unit, component, integration, and end-to-end tests;
- share knowledge with other engineers from the local team.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.