Junior Java Engineer IRC134064
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Junior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Java, Kubernetes, Linux, Spring|
This is a great opportunity for an engineer to work with modern cloud technologies, get extensive knowledge in the video delivery domain, and a deep understanding of the complex media processing system. You can get the experience of working with cloud-based OTT systems which stream hundreds of video channels 24/7 to hundreds of thousands of end-users. From the software development side, you will be able to participate in planning and estimation, implementation, testing and supporting different system components/workflows. You can learn best practices from other senior teammates and contribute to project-wide improvements.
Our R&D Team is distributed between several locations (Kyiv, Hong Kong, France, US, Israel) and has 140+ members (40+ of them are located in Kyiv). In Kyiv, we are responsible for several major functional areas and product workflows, which means covering main stages from planning and feature design to verification and further support.
GlobalLogic project description:
Product description can be found here:
- 1+ years of relevant working experience;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Core Java 8;
- Good understanding of OOP concepts;
- Understanding client-server architecture;
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design;
- Knowledge of Linux software development;
- Experience with TDD and test automation (unit, component, integration levels);
- Knowledge in Docker and k8s;
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Intermediate level of English.
- Experience with AWS, GCP and MS Azure;
- Knowledge in video delivery and/or networking domain.
- Design and develop new projects and features from scratch;
- Participate in bug fixing, code reviews, documentation, refactoring and optimization;
- Do contribution to all components/layers of the system;
- Research new technologies, standards, techniques, and 3rd party frameworks;
- Troubleshoot and analyze problems identified in the system software;
- Cover code with unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests;
- Participate in team and project activities (Scrum ceremonies, demos, etc.);
- Share knowledge with other engineers from the local team.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.