Lead Java Engineer IRC153353
|Location:||United States - San Jose CA|
|Designation:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Apache Kafka, Java|
Customer is leader in Apparel Retail Industry
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years of experience in software development
• Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
• Advanced in-depth knowledge of application design patterns, event-driven architecture, database schemas, and testing strategies.
• Demonstrated experience working with major cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
• Advanced in-depth knowledge and experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment, and test driven development
• Expert in Java and JEE development, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Security
• Experience with build management tools such as Gradle or Maven
• Demonstrated understanding of source control systems such as GIT/Gitlab.
• Database design and implementation experience in SQL Database like MySQL and NoSQL Databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB
• Experience with large scale messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ
• Experience leading requirements refinement, planning, estimation, development, testing, and deployment
• Experience working cross functionally between multiple product teams
• Experience architecting enterprise grade applications.
• Experience with performance/load testing large scale applications and performance tuning apps and Databases.
• Experience working on ecommerce applications in the retail domain dealing with payments
Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields
• Leads development, testing, deployments, and iterative improvement of product capabilities and features in collaboration with designers, product managers, and other engineers on the product team
• Leverages critical thinking, experimentation, data, and industry best practices to implement desired business outcomes
• Develops high quality applications that are secure, easy to operate, difficult to break, and extremely observable with measurable results.
• Responsible for all technical aspects of the product application lifecycle including, code, infrastructure, data, security, and CICD
• Establishes product engineering and software standards
• Continuously develops self and demonstrates a strong knowledge of new technologies, modern application architecture, and industry best practices
• Mentors and assists engineers and evangelizes best practices. Pairs with and mentors engineers while evangelizing best practices
• Contributes to the vision and cultural transformation within the team and across the organization
• Builds partnerships, collaborates, and contributes to technical initiatives across the organization
What We Offer
Exciting Projects:Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance:GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home.
Professional Development:We provide continuing education classes, professional certification and training (technical, soft skills, language, and communication skills) to help you realize your professional goals. Being part of a global organization, there are additional learning opportunities through international knowledge exchanges.
Excellent Benefits:We provide our employees with competitive salaries, health and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a matched contribution 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and PTO and holidays
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.