Middle C++ Engineer for Video Engine IRC135686
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Mykolaiv|
|Skills:||c++, Git, Microsoft Visual C++, Windows|
As a software developer at Avid, you will work on Avid Media Composer professional video editing system as a member of the Data Management Team. The Data Management Team is responsible for all aspects of metadata, media format support, and cloud integration into MC for Avid’s flagship professional video editing application. You will be developing new functionality, as well as fixing issues, supporting and improving automated tests coverage. You will be involved in many projects relating to implementing new workflows for our customers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in C++ is required, including object-oriented design skills and robust coding practices.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Visual Studio for C++ or Apple XCode is required.
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system and/or Macintosh OS X is required.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with large applications involving the writing of significant new code, as well as utilizing legacy code and libraries.
- Fluency in the English language (written and spoken) is required as this position involves direct communication with the US-based Team.
- Experience developing software that manipulates video/audio media and performs metadata exchange is a plus.
- Familiarity with audio editing and/or video editing for post-production is a plus
- Experience with writing robust unit tests and using test-driven development is strongly desired.
- Experience with python scripting
- Experience with development using Agile (Scrum) methodologies is desirable.
- Experience in a cross-platform development environment is desirable.
Nice to have:
Python, XCode, COM, MacOS, Jenkins, JIRA
We are looking for a talented, creative, and enthusiastic C++ engineer to join the team in Kyiv. To join our high-performing team, you must have an in-depth understanding of software engineering and object-oriented design techniques, automation and unit testing, the ability to create, debug, and maintain bulletproof C++ code and cover the existing code base with automated tests. An eye for detail, extremely high standards with respect to software quality and reliability, and a passion for media-related product development.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.