Middle Linux Kernel engineer IRC111463
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Skills:||C++-Linux, Git, Linux Kernel|
The American multinational technology company that designs, manufactures and sells networking equipment. It’s the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected.
As part of our team you’ll be involved in various Linux Kernel development (various areas like drivers, networking, memory and process management, architecture-specific) new hardware bringup, migration to new Linux kernel and OpenEmbedded versions, new features development, upstreaming features and patches to community, customer internal teams support. Our team works closely with community and everyone has contribution there.
- Overall 2+ years of Linux Kernel work experience
- Linux Kernel internals knowledge
- Experience with one or more of ARM/x86/PPC/MIPS architecture(s)
- Experience in Linux Kernel and Userspace low-level debug
- Git or any large source code management experience
- Contribution to various open source projects will be a Plus
- Experience with Yocto or OpenEmbedded build framework
Must have requirements:
Nice to have:
- Develop Linux Kernel (drivers, networking, memory and process management, architecture-specific areas) and system level patches for customer’s internal distro
- New hardware bringup (ARM64, x86 platforms)
- Support and migration of an internal Linux distro to new versions of OpenEmbedded and Linux Kernel
- Vendor-specific Linux Kernel features development and upstreaming
- Close interaction with opensource community
- Resolving issues defected by QA team
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.