Middle Network engineer (shifts) IRC149890
|Skills:||Customer Support, English, Network|
Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative broadband solutions that deliver video, voice, and data to communications providers around the world. GL team participates in the development, QA, and support of several generations of such solutions.
- Education: Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent;
- Expertise in IP network switching and routing protocols, TCP/IP stack is highly desirable;
- Hands-on experience with Linux;
- English level – upper-intermediate.
Would be a plus:
- Superior problem solving, analytical and communications skills;
- A strong understanding of IP protocols and telecommunication/cable operator networks;
- Experience in a technical support organization in a broadcast, communication, satellite, cable, telco or a similar domain;
- Experience with bash/python scripting;
- Experience with Salesforce, Jira, Confluence;
- Ability to work on flexible hours;
- This position requires not frequently travel (once per quartal approximately).
- Responsible for integration and support in assigned product areas to Harmonic’s regional customer support engineers and, when necessary, customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Harmonic and associated equipment;
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to R&D engineering groups;
- Assist, and implement both hardware and software upgrades to the existing Harmonic customer base.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.