Middle/Senior Automotive Software Engineer – relocation to Croatia IRC167092
|Location:||Croatia - Zagreb|
Automotive Ethernet has gained momentum as an in-vehicle communication network, expanding from infotainment applications into more safety related applications like driving assistance.
Ongoing in-vehicle ECU consolidation process that shifts architecture from Modular to Domain ECU architecture brings the number of ECU within the car from 30-100+ down to only several domain multi-core ECUs.
Still, today’s trends such as automated driving increase significantly the demand for the wiring harness with an absolute length of up to 5 km.
Innovative technologies like Ethernet 10BASE-T1S, which offers bus architecture over single unshielded twisted pair (UTP) bus line, offers considerable savings in terms of weight (bus vs. star topologies) and cost (less phys, no switches).
This technology combined with other Ethernet technologies like 100BASE-T1 and 1000BASE-T1 provides the same Ethernet stack over different speed grades.
Such flexible all-Ethernet in-vehicle networks combined with TcpIp and SOME-IP offer a great foundation for implementing Service Oriented Architecture.
Globallogic’s Communication Stack team has been participating for years in developing a full Ethernet / TcpIp automotive stack based on the AUTOSAR standard.
Our partner is Elektrobit, a global supplier of embedded and connected software products for the automotive industry whose software powers over 1 billion devices in more than 100 million vehicles.
Here is the short list of projects / products that we have been developing in recent years:
– Writing device drivers and firmware for more then 100 different communication devices (e.g., firmware for switches, Ethernet controllers, transceivers).
– Implementation of IPSec and IKEv2 protocols which provide data integrity and confidentiality during transmission and reception of TcpIp packets.
– Developing a Diagnostic over IP (DoIP) module, widely used for exchange of diagnostic data using advantages of Ethernet/TcpIP stack.
Due to planned new projects and features we are looking for new team members.
What is required:
– Good knowledge of C
– Understanding of concepts related to embedded C programming
– Knowledge of AUTOSAR.
The following knowledge is welcomed, but not mandatory:
– Experience in implementation of packet based communication protocols like Tcp, Udp, Ip, Ethernet, or similar.
– Experience in implementing state machines, buffer schemes, parsing data streams, routing algorithms, protection of shared data, …
– Experience in cryptography (public-key cryptography, elliptic-curve cryptography, HMAC, Secure Hash Algorithms, …)
– Experience with any real-time OS
– Knowledge of MISRA C software development guidelines
– Experience in implementation of device drivers (any hardware)
Ethernet, TCP/IP, MISRA-C 2004, CAN, Ipsec
What we offer:
– Training in automotive software development based on AUTOSAR standard, including concepts and tool-chains.
– Working in an experienced international team which includes top architects and experts.
– Close project cooperation with one of the key technology suppliers in the automotive industry.
– Participating in a full software development cycle including software design, coding, unit testing and support to the customer integration process.
– Being on the very source of technology development related to automotive Ethernet/TcpIp stack.
– Working in a well structured, cooperative and safe environment with a strong commitment to developing engineering skills of each employee.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with competitive compensation and benefits.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.