NOC Engineer IRC163116
|Location:||Ukraine - Lviv|
|Skills:||AWS, IT Support, Linux, Monitoring, Networking, OS Administrator, Systems Administration|
Customer is a recognized leader in the OTT TV (Over the Top TV), OVP (Online Video Platform), EdVP (Education Video Platform) and EVP (Enterprise Video Platform) markets.
We are looking for a motivated and proactive NOC Engineer to join our growing team.
The team is responsible for providing ongoing monitoring support to multiple high-loaded environments.
Utilizing knowledge of the customer environment, the team delivers timely and high-quality incident resolution process.
We are focusing on root cause analysis, prevention measures, and knowledge transfer.
Tools/solutions that are used in the project:
Linux and Windows servers on-premises and deployed in the cloud environments (AWS).
Apache, Nginx, IIS, MySQL, MSSQL, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached, Sphinx, RabbitMQ, Celery.
Components on C++, JAVA, PHP, Node.js, Python.
CI/CD toolset: Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD
Monitoring solutions used in the project:
– OpsGenie alerts and incidents management platform
– Prometheus, Grafana, ElasticSearch, Kibana
– AWS Cloudwatch for native AWS environments events collecting
– External availability monitoring using Dotcom-Monitor
– Youbora for end-user experience analytics
– Logz.io as central logs and traffic aggregator
- At least 1-year experience in a similar position (NOC/Tech Support/System administrator or relevant experience etc.) – a must
- Good English language skills (at least intermediate spoken and written level) – a must
- Systems administration, automation scripting, and tech support skills
- Cloud computing and networking understanding
- Web applications and servers architecture understanding, HTTP, REST API
- Monitoring tools and principles
- Eager to learn and great customer service attitude
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Drive to preventing incidents
- Willingness to work shifts (24/7) – at least 4 days a week
Grafana, Python, bash scripting, Powershell Scripting, DevOps Tools, Customer Support, Zabbix, Nagios, Kubernetes
NOC engineer responsibilities
– Network, Infrastructure, Services monitoring
– Respond to incidents according to the incident management policy
– Finetune checks and alerts thresholds
– NOC toolset maintaining
– Service monitoring during the maintenances
– Performance reports (i.e. uptime, response times and services status)
– Production quality control (end-users service level monitoring and ability to check it after changes take place)
– Keep and update a directory of all 3rd parties (store partners contacts and keep escalation schemas up to date)
NOC department responsibilities
– One focal point that always knows the service level and issues status
– Drive to continuous improvement between all departments on monitoring needs
– Defining reliable and preventive monitoring requirements as part of the product development life cycle
– Drive to run recovery procedures that regain service as soon as possible
– Communication, coordination, collaboration
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.