Python engineer (media and embedded experience) IRC139975
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Audio, Multimedia, Python, Video|
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to design and build the latest audio and video software that will be used to prototype industry-leading advancements in orchestrated audio playback and captures devices, such as a group of smart speakers. The focus will be to design, develop and test firmware and audio-video software for one of the largest multimedia company’s in-house connected smart speaker devices with real-time data analytics.
The role requires deep knowledge of multimedia frameworks, audio/video technologies, a very good understanding of the Linux operating system, and a working knowledge of data engineering & analytics for algorithmic improvements. The role demands a candidate capable of independently planning and developing software components against technical and schedule challenges, following strong software design and process principles while collaborating with a small scrum team of software, hardware, and acoustic engineers. The role will be interfacing with the product owner, architect, and
engineering lead of the scrum team for task details, acceptance criteria, general queries, and support.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable field.
- 4+ years experience in software development on the Linux platform.
- Solid Python programming skills with demonstrable expertise in scripting, data science; analytics.
- Some level of data science / ML background.
- Experience in developing Audio/Video technology products.
- An understanding of software design and software development lifecycle & maintenance.
- High-level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
- Strong object-oriented software design skills using multi-threaded C++.
- Embedded experience.
Nice to have:
- Independently plan, design, develop and deliver well-organized and reliable software components in a timely manner.
- Lead and contribute towards software design, code, and bug reviews.
- Collaboratively establish and meet software requirements and performance goals.
- Communicate technical concepts effectively to the team members.
- Efficiently handle ambiguity and multiple competing priorities while triaging issues.
- Contribute ideas for improvements and new technologies, tools, or methods.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.