Release/Configuration Engineer IRC124862
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Skills:||bash scripting, BitBucket, Confluence, Jira Administration, Linux, Networking, Python|
Harmonic-CM (“Configuration Management”) is a dedicated team for unified CI process inside big (800+ RnD engineers) company, which is a leader in video delivery infrastructure solution. This small team (of 9) in France, Hong Kong, the US, Kyiv, Israel enables RnD for 10+ projects and is a guard of worldwide standards in development infrastructure. Practically, the team fulfills Harmonic needs in managing Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo), GIT, Jenkins, and other related enterprise applications.
- friendly and reliable team in Kyiv and in other client sites;
- interesting DevOps and development (Python, bash) tasks;
- unlimited potential for professional growth and learning new stuff;
- business trips;
- all the goods coming with large IT company GlobalLogic.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 1+ years working experience in IT/R&D;
- Linux troubleshooting experience;
- Scripting with Python and Bash – basic developer-level;
- Basic network understanding and troubleshooting;
- Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) administration – middle level;
- Ability to perform remote support using remote access tools (ssh, rdp);
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, willing to work with different people over the world;
- Wiliness to learn a lot of new staff continuously;
- Good English skills: Read, Write and Speak.
- Continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo);
- Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Experience in Configuration Management activities;
- Some experience with global network applicationssystems administration and support;
- Source code management systems (e.g. SVN, git);
- Experience leveraging automation and scripting to deploy, monitor, and maintain a highly secure and scalable cloud service;
- Experience(or knowledge about) Docker, Vagrant, Ansible;
- Virtual environment tools : (e.g. VirtualBox, ESXi, VMWare);
- Knowledge of IT operations best practices in always-up, always-available service.
- work with software engineers to understand and meet their development infrastructure requirements;
- refine and enhance the R&D build and release process to fit the industry standard;
- evaluate and integrate R&D toolset (e.g. Code analysis tool, unit test framework…) to improve the corporate R&D environment;
- plan and execute the migration of R&D environment to the unified CI model;
- build and release support to local as well as remote sites;
- use your Python programming skills for developing DevOps toolset and daily tasks automation;
- also, work with advanced custom Build Environment over Linux with Linux geeks and gurus;
- support existing infrastructure and deploy new services in different clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure) – we can teach these skills in the project if there’s no prior experience with this.
As a DevOps, you will:
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.