Scala Engineer/ Data Engineer IRC162785
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||AWS, HDFS, Java, Python, Scala, Spark, SQL|
We are looking for a Scala Engineer/ Data Engineer for the financial project, providing asset management for institutions to help them select their investment strategies. In this position, you will be part of our “Business Intelligence and Reporting Team”. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of data driven solutions, providing development around Scala/Streamsets following the bank framework to bring together multiple data sources into single useable data sets for bank teams (mainly Payments) to utilise. It is a great chance to become a part of a distributed, cross-functional team based in Poland. This Project is a part of the Multi-Year Program Plan.
- Experience in Scala/ Streamsets;
- Solid hands on with Java, Spark, PySpark;
- Efficiency in SQL;
- Experience of working on AWS – SQS, EMR, S3, Glue;
- Experience with HDFS, devops tools;
- Expert in the following 3rd Party Tools – BitBucket, OpenVPN, Artifactory, JIRA, Confluence;
- Good understanding of SDLC life-cycle (Dev, test, preprod, production and the CI/CD pipeline);
- Agile technologies (Git, Gradle/Maven, Jenkins, TDD);
- English at a good level (read/written/spoken). Ability to take part in day-to-day communication and lead a conversation with other stakeholders.
- Azure/GCP/on-premise will be a plus.
Nice to have
JIRA, Confluence, Agile Practices
- Create tool-chains for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing the product.
- Support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data and models. devOps (dataOps) architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain optimal data and model data Ops pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Maintaining existing codebase while providing new functionalities and adapting best standards.
- Documenting standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the management team.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.