Senior Airflow Engineer (Apache) IRC169200
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
We are looking for a Senior Airflow Engineer who will be working on a data platform in the GCP Cloud Composer team. The work domain is Apache Airflow – the most popular workflow engine. The customers’ team in Kraków is highly specialized in Google Cloud Platform and workflow management systems.
Do not hesitate! Join us now and become part of the amazing GL community!
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- Programming experience with Cloud APIs (REST/RPC)
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Basic DevOps/SysAdmin knowledge
- Basic Linux and Kubernetes understanding (e.g. how to build container images)
- Basic understanding of Cloud platforms (especially Google Cloud Platform)
- Very good command of English (spoken and written, B2)
- Presence in the Apache Airflow community
- Expertise in Airflow or similar experience in building workflows (e.g. based on Luigi, Oozie, Argo, Azkaban, Apache NiFi)
- Experience in working with Open Source communities
- Understanding of the Cloud Architecture (scalability, IaaS principles, etc.) – will be a plus
- Google Cloud Certification (E.g. GCP Architect or Data Engineer) – will be a plus
- Strong Software Design skills – will be a plus
- Mentoring skills – will be a plus
- Airflow development with a focus on developing new and maintaining existing Airflow Operators, Hooks and Sensors
- Integrating new Airflow versions with Cloud Composer
- Fixing bugs in Airflow and implementing improvements
- Implementing tests for Airflow (Unit Testing and System Tests)
- Creating internal documentation for the work artifacts
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.