Senior C++ Engineer (with Video domain experience) IRC175963
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||C, C++, Linux, Networking|
We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to join us in our journey to modernize the video backend for Sling TV.
- Linux OS concepts, multi-threading, filesystem, makefile;
- Familiar with scripting languages such as python, shell;
- Proficient in C, C++;
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering;
- Media know-how:
- video codecs H264, H265, AV1
- audio codecs AAC,AC3
- Streaming protocols HLS, DASH
- DRM standards like fairplay
- Experience working with cloud and microservices:
- Kubernetes terminology, administration and monitoring
- EC2 instances
- Batch joBachelors or Masters’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with strong programming concepts.
- DevOps, CI/CD, New Relic integration and monitoring, dashboards, unit tests, integration tests;
- Participate in the design and implementation of robust modern video delivery systems
○ Sling TV video backend encodes and streams over 900 live channels and a huge number of VOD titles
○ We are working on modernizing our video delivery backend for Sling TV, to have high observability, resilience, and ease of management/deployment, with high levels of automation and low fault rates in production.
○ Upgrade the systems to support the latest media standards like 4K, Dolby Atmos, the latest features in HLS etc.
- Embrace the new shift-left philosophy and work on end-to-end software life cycle, rather than just feature development. These include test automation and automation of processes, CI/CD, monitoring and debugging of production systems, understanding and debugging infrastructure-related issues.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.