Senior Data Engineer IRC131502
|Location:||Poland - Zielona Gora, Wroclaw, Koszalin, Szczecin, Krakow, Bydgoszcz|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Apache Spark, AWS, ETL, Java, Pipeline Execution/ETL, SQL|
We are cooperating with a company developing scientifically validated software for performing rapid analyses to generate real-world evidence at scale. Their solutions are used worldwide to make meaning from real-world data and to produce meaningful results for life sciences companies.
You will work closely with our Product and Science team in developing custom transformation logic for longitudinal data, which is in Java / Python / Scala and/or R, and executed over a Spark cluster. In addition, you will be integral in developing and enhancing our platform and its connections to Spark and a combination of big data infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience or equivalent in the position offered or related position, including 2 year of experience with: designing, developing, maintaining large-scale data ETL pipelines using Java/Scala in AWS, Hadoop, Spark, and DataBricks to manage Apache Spark infrastructure
- Experience working with programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, and SCALA
- Experience or knowledge of building and optimizing ETL pipeline
- Experience building systems with large data sets
- Experience or working knowledge with distributed systems
- Experience translating requirements from the product, DevOps teams to technology solutions using SDLC.
- Communicative English
- Develop transformation logic to convert disparate datasets into Client’s proprietary format
- Work with the Science team to develop transformations in Spark SQL and UDFs executed over a Spark cluster
- Assess, develop, troubleshoot and enhance our measure system, which utilizes a combination of Java, Scala, Python
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Develop highly effective, performant, and scalable components capable of handling large amounts of data for over 100 million patients
- Work with the Science and Product teams to understand and assess client needs, and to ensure optimal system efficiency
- Take ownership from software development and prototyping through implementation
- Build proprietary cloud-based big data analytics for healthcare and improve core back-end & cloud-based data services
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.