Senior DevOps Engineer IRC138404
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps|
Streaming entertainment services are exploding as consumers around the world continue to shift their entertainment experiences to the Internet. We are raising the bar on quality and reliability for online entertainment and transforming the industry. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide across all devices.
We are seeking a talented senior backend engineer to join a growing team building out a cloud services platform. You would be a key member of a high-visibility team developing reliable, scalable, and secure web-services APIs using AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud infrastructure.
You’ll be building out new platform features, expanding our APIs, improving service performance and reliability, and much more. This is a senior technical contributor and developer role which requires deep experience in coding, distributed systems, and cloud services. The ideal candidate is able is capable of doing quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment, following strong software design and process principles. You will be working with talented engineers on cutting-edge technologies while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or comparable field.
- 4+ years professional experience designing, developing, deploying commercial, scalable, and secure web services.
- Cloud-native application deployment, reliability, performance monitoring/alerting systems, Incident management processes and tools
- Familiar with cloud platform architectures (ex. AWS, GCP, Azure) and common features (ex. S3, EC2, ALB, IAM, Lambda), Networking and security (TCP, HTTPS/TLS, DNS, etc)
- Microservices, containerization, orchestration, and scaling (ex. Docker, Kubernetes), terraform
- Common API authentication/authorization schemes
- Experience with cloud security and compliance. Familiarity with security compliance standards (e.g. SOC, ISO, CSA)
- Test-Driven Development, agile development practices, automated testing, QA processes, and Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to understand and contribute to full-stack product needs and requirements.
- High-level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications. The ability to document the work we do and explain it to others is critical.
- Design, develop and own shared platform components that serve as foundational pieces for other teams to build off of (eg. base microservice, auth service, message queues, API routing, centralized logging, load balancing, etc)
- Design, develop and own deployment infrastructure and tooling, including CI/CD
- Develop tools and processes to maintain a proper security posture for the platform
- Work closely with other teams to understand full end to end use-cases in order to ensure cross-functional requirements are met
- Provide guidance across teams in cloud architecture and distributed system design for new projects running on the platform
- Work closely with SRE teams to ensure the platform can be monitored effectively
- Be part of the incidence response team for platform-related incidents
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.