Senior Integration and Field Engineer IRC148137
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Skills:||Customer Support, English, Linux, Network|
Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative broadband solutions that deliver video, voice, and data to communications providers around the world. GL team participates in the development, QA, and support of several generations of such solutions.
The CableOS project is about developing new software-based network equipment that provides access to Internet/IPTV/VoIP services using powerful servers.
It is an innovative solution for Internet Service Providers that will allow to get rid of the existing HW equipment and to migrate to the cloud, saving customers the enormous expenses for the support of huge number of hardware network equipment. Currently, there are no competitors to this project in the world and Customer offers the opportunity to be at the beginning of the rapid development of the product and the opportunity to take their place in a fast-paced engineering team.
- Opportunity to work in a team of domain professionals promoting high working standards.
- Experience in support of world-leading Cable Operators and Multiple-System Operators (MSOs) across the globe.
- Comprehensive training in areas of Digital Video, DOCSIS, and Networking.
- Hands-on experience in the development, maintenance, and support of modern embedded systems (Linux-based).
- Work with cutting-edge networking solutions employing the latest NFV and SDN technologies.
- Work in multicultural development and support teams spread across continents.
- Visiting customers in Europe for troubleshooting complex technical support cases and performing system integration activities.
- Education: Bachelor in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent;
- Understanding of networking systems hardware and software design and troubleshooting;
- Strong theoretical knowledge in the following areas: IP network switching and routing protocols, TCP/IP stack;
- Ability to understand technical documentation including Software/Hardware Configuration Guides, schematics, work instructions, test procedures, etc.;
- Language – English at an advanced level / Another European language is a plus.
This position requires significant travel within the EMEA region mainly but not limited to. During COVID pandemia travel restrictions, travel will be replaced by the shift of working hours according to Customer’s time zone.
- Experience in configuration and administration of Linux-based servers;
- Ability to understand, communicate, and clearly document customer issues;
- Preferred understanding/knowledge of DOCSIS, DVB/ATSC, CMTS, and BNG configuration and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of PON is a must (configuration and troubleshooting).
- Responsible for supporting activities for CableOS client lab integration, testing, qualifications, and field trials;
- Responsible for clear communication with marketing, engineering, and sales team about client expectations;
- Responsible for clear communication with the client regarding status and project plan for CableOS;
- Create and maintain project plan documentation;
- Responsible for testing new software and hardware; reporting and tracking defects to engineering;
- Design, execute and lead client field trials;
- Train clients on the operation and troubleshooting of the CableOS system;
- Train field service team on the operations and troubleshooting of CableOS system and any new features that are supported;
- Assist with deployments and technical support as needed.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.