Senior Java Engineer (Big data project) IRC132687
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Core Java, Hadoop, NoSQL|
Our client is a 700-employee big data integration software company with deep open source roots that entered the NASDAQ stock exchange market. It provides Big Data, Data Integration, Data Preparation and Enterprise Application Integration software and services. Its products allow to build data integration process, migrate data safely, process a big amount of data, cleanse data and check its quality.
Now we are seeking for a Big Data Engineer to join our team. Working in a fast paced environment collaborating with a team of very talented people, you will contribute to the enhancements of the Big Data Studio product, especially in terms of support of the latest Big Data ecosystems (HDFS/YARN, Hive, Hbase, Spark…), regularly delivered by our Hadoop vendor partners (Cloudera, Hortonworks).
- 4+ years of experience with Java Core;
- Knowledge of distributed systems programming;
- Good knowledge and experience with Hadoop and Spark ecosystem;
- Experience with NoSQL databases;
- Knowledge in Unix system administration is appreciated;
- Version control (Git);
- Experience working in Agile/Iterative/Scrum development experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
Git, Amazon AWS, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Linux
- Development of connectors to support latest Hadoop distributions (Cloudera CDH, Hortonworks HDP) and their related Hadoop ecosystems (HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Sqoop, Spark);
- Development of integration tests to validate that the developed components run flawlessly on the newly supported Hadoop system. This task can require the setup of Hadoop clusters in different configurations (via Virtual machines or Docker images) and support of a secure setup (Kerberos, SSL, High-availability daemons);
- Active coordination and collaboration with Big Data development and QA teams (in France and China).
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.