Senior Linux Kernel engineer IRC147203
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||C++-Linux, Linux Kernel, Networking|
The American multinational technology company that designs, manufactures and sells networking equipment. It’s the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected.
As part of our team you’ll be involved in various Linux Kernel development (various areas like drivers, networking, memory and process management, architecture-specific) new hardware bringup, migration to new Linux kernel and OpenEmbedded versions, new features development, upstreaming features and patches to community, customer internal teams support. Our team works closely with community and everyone has contribution there.
- Overall 5+ years of Linux Kernel work experience
- Kernel engineers who have worked one or more of ARM/x86/PPC/MIPS architecture(s)
- Worked with board bring up activities for new HW for one or more of above architectures
- Git experience or any large source code management experience is Must
- Understand Open Source community interworking for these architectures
- Experience in Linux Kernel and Userspace low-level debug
- Experience with YOCTO/OpenEmbedded technology
- Up-Streaming to community experience will be a Plus
- Contribution to various open source communities will be Plus
- Working with Jenkins and continuous integration model will be a Plus
- Understanding of Open Source LMBENCH, LTP and any other tools will be Plus
Must have requirements:
Nice to have:
- Develop Linux Kernel (drivers, networking, memory and process management, architecture-specific areas) and system level patches for customer’s internal distro
- New hardware bringup (ARM64, x86 platforms)
- Support and migration of an internal Linux distro to new versions of OpenEmbedded and Linux Kernel
- Vendor-specific Linux Kernel features development and upstreaming
- Close interaction with opensource community
- Resolving issues defected by QA team
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.