Senior Python Backend Engineer IRC158487
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Python|
We are looking for exceptional Senior Software Engineers to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts in the exciting field of sports technology.
Team Objectives & Responsibilities
- Creating internal and external APIs to support both data and video
- Scaling out current systems to support new sports
- Building systems to help sporting organizations run more efficiently
- Building complex data models supporting the business rules of sports
- Create and maintain build and test automation systems
- Help translate business requirements and distill them into technical requirements
- Strong Python knowledge
- Strong MySQL & PostgreSQL knowledge
- Strong experience working with AWS key services (for example: API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, Aurora, S3 & Caching)
- Extensive software engineering background – 8 years’ experience or more
- Ability to define and drive software architecture
- Client focused attitude
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- A strong sense of ownership and self-leadership
- Experience in microservices development
- Experience with building systems that have significant integrations with 3rd parties, both data coming in and data going out
- Must be comfortable with modern software development methodologies such as agile development, git, CI/CD, code reviews etc.
- Experience in how sport runs and operates (either as a participant or an administrator)
- Advanced C# (latest version with a preference to .NET Core)
- MongoDB or other NoSQL technology
- Comfortable with infrastructure as code
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies
- Performance profiling and tuning high throughput applications
- Previous experience leading a team
- Complex problem-solving skills
Key Requirements and Attributes:
C#, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB
- Creation of automated build and deployment capabilities for products under development
- Implement “self serve” capabilities in build, test, deploy and measure
- Optimize the development life-cycle
- Responsible for data collection relative to developer productivity, test results, deployment results, infrastructure health/performance and application health/performance
- Responsible for infrastructure as code in collaboration with Platform Teams
- Aids in the investigation of technical issues between Platform Teams and Development
- Build and foster a culture of collaboration and cross functional support
- Reduce the time to market for software products and services
- Working within a well-established team of experienced DevOps engineers.
- Work with Kubernetes, microservice architectures, cloud providers and other modern and exciting technologies.
- Collaborate with supporting colleagues from all over the world.
- The opportunity to work and develop within an inspiring and fast-growing company.
- A challenging but rewarding and fun environment.
We’re looking for an addition to a group of highly experienced engineers in a DevOps solutions and technology team. Working closely with engineering teams to foster a strong culture of collaboration, system development lifecycles and infrastructure as code practices. Develop and support high quality digital solutions, with a focus on building operational awareness, supporting configuration management and ensuring quality. Become integral to a team of software developers, test analysts and product owners as part of the DevOps Practice.
Sportradar is a truly digital organization with a very broad array of B2B applications and services. As we embark on a very exciting technical transformation with a focus on cloud migration and microservice architectures, it is a great time to join our team!
To succeed in this role, you have a background in software development. You should have a passion for DevOps, extensive experience of tooling centric to software crafting/hosting and an expert level understanding of software quality, reliability, release and scaling principles. You will have experience setting up continuous integration/delivery in agile teams. In addition, you will have operational experience with system administration or site reliability engineering which allows you to craft and maintain resilient systems. You will also have a natural desire to automate all things, coach and guide your peer development community and a passion for reproducible results.
There are several key challenge areas:
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.