Senior Python Developer IRC155029
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
Who are we?
● Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
Comms System group is responsible for all inbound and outbound communications with our users. The applications this group owns include email template/render service, documentation service, secure messaging and text messaging platform and configurable tooling.
● Rebuild the document rendering job in GRPC
● Help Inbox Processor: Currently, Operations team links secure messages to
firstname.lastname@example.org email tickets. As we move from Jira to Appian, we could connect
secure message replies to the Appian system.
● Translation workflow improvements: Translations are a manual process that we run
every week that includes pushing new strings to transifex and pulling the previous
week’s strings into the codebase. Transifex translations are automatic but verified and
corrected by an internal team at Oscar.
Provider Ocean is a sub-team of Provider Data group. Within the responsibilities of the larger
team, Provider Ocean is responsible for:
● Creating/maintaining the source of truth for Provider Demographics data
● Intake of Provider Demographics data in the real world (and all the problems that go
along with it)
● Answering the question of “I have some data about a provider. Who is it?”
● Geocoding improvement work
● Thrift migration to grpc
● Raygun migration
● Operational tooling
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
● 3-5 years of experience as a Python Developer in a production environment
● Expert knowledge of Python and related frameworks like Flask
● Able to hit the ground running in a command line and scripting environment
● Understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL
● Experience with Kafka and RPC frameworks like gRPC is a plus
● Basic understanding of front-end technologies like React
● Experience working with test-driven development and unit test frameworks, strong
testing and debugging skills
● Both an independent individual contributor and team player with good English
What you will do
● Become an expert on your teams’ technical stack(s), gain knowledge on the business domains
● Plan, implement and deploy changes following Oscar’s established software development lifecycle (SDLC) and best practices for coding, testing and monitoring
● Produce technical design, test and launch planning documentation for complex projects and/or projects with complex dependencies
● Troubleshoot, debug and fix production issues as they arise
● Participate in teams’s scrum meetings, collaborate with engineers on the team and contribute to design and code reviews
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.