Senior QA engineer (scrum team) IRC150359
|Location:||Poland - Wroclaw, Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Test Engineer|
|Skills:||Linux, Network, Networking|
Edge team works on 2nd generations of Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) Cable Access products: actively developing the industry’s first software-based CCAP solution (“Cable OS”) and cloud-native CMTS.
These solutions allow cable operator companies to deliver IP-based data, video, and voice services to millions of customers. Focus is given to CableOS which will allow to get rid of the existing HW equipment and migrate to the cloud, saving customers the enormous expenses for the support of HW network equipment.
The system is based on microservice architecture and is running on general-purpose CPUs. It doesn’t require using ASICs and makes it possible to run the SW both on the bare metal servers as well as on the private cloud infostructure. CableOS is a pioneer in DOCSIS software-defined networking (SDN) with all the benefits it gives to the service providers.
GlobalLogic team is involved in development, manual and automated testing, as well as in solution integration at customers’ headend and further technical support 24/7 with providing professional services for Customers.
To learn more – please visit
- Experience of 4+ years in SW testing of complex systems (preferable embedded/network equipment)
- Practical experience with testing artifacts: test plan, test design, test case, bug report
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Proficient Linux user
- Basic knowledge in networking (L2/L3) aka CCNA
- B. Sc. In computer science or other exact sciences aka faculty of mathematics/physics/chemistry/etc.
- Upper-intermediate English (writing and speaking).
- Deep knowledge in networking protocols, specifically IEEE802.1Q/ad bridging and/or IPv4/6 unicast/multicast Routing
- Knowledge in DOCSIS
- Data traffic generators (Ixia, iPerf.) and analyzers (Wireshark, Averna)
- Script tools/languages (Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
Would be a plus:
- Test (functional/non-functional) complex embedded system, which involves HW and SW components
- Debug and troubleshoot setup issues
- Analyze requirements, write/execute test cases/test plans (including existing automation tests), and report bugs.
- Work in agile mode as a member of a scrum team
- Provide requirements for test automation
- Writing automation scripts can be considered.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.