Senior Ruby on Rails + JS Engineer (Backend) IRC150362
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
Our client delivers personalized experiences, cross-channel messaging and loyalty programs that add value to the customer relationships. The the product enables marketers to rapidly scale and meet the demands of the modern consumer. Marketers can easily deploy targeted and triggered cross-channel campaigns, compile data from multiple sources, and strategically promote desired customer behaviors – effectively increasing revenue and enhancing customer experiences.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
● 5+ years experience in software engineering
● 3+ years of experience using Ruby on Rails
● Advanced relational DB experience with MySQL (or similar RDBMS)
● Experience with NoSQL solutions like Redis
● Experience in building RESTful APIs
● Knowledge of software development methodology, patterns and best
● Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
● Experience in unit testing (RSpec)
Would be a plus:
● Ability to drive a project and mentor junior developers
● Experience with other programming languages like Java and/or Groovy
● Familiarity with Hadoop components, such as HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Storm
● Experience working with distributed systems
● Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale data applications
● Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable
production quality backend systems
● Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling,
indexing and associated trade-offs
● Experience with messaging queues and background jobs framework
English – intermediate. Direct communication with the client.
ReactJS, Vue.js, jQuery, Angular, Java, Groovy, Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Storm
The Engineer will work on an industry leading Loyalty Program management solution that processes and analyzes billions of transactions per day on an Apache Hadoop, MySQL and Ruby on Rails platform hosted on AWS. The platform allows marketers with best in class tools to design, create, and execute, data-driven promotions, offers, and real time interactions that help engage and build lifelong, profitable, loyal customers.
● Translate business requirements into specifications and detailed designs
● Design, build, test, and support Customer’s Loyalty server components, such as APIs, database and business logic, and web-based UIs
● Integrate with third-party solutions and APIs
● Ensure unit and automated tests are in place
● Performance benchmarks and tuning for high throughput
● Deliver technical documentation for use by customers and partners
● Work closely with PM, QA, DevOps and customer success teams
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.