Senior Scala Engineer IRC161611
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
As a Principal Software Engineer on a highly skilled Cloud Platform team, you will be expanding and improving common libraries and services used by the rest of the engineering organization to expose application features and functionality in the cloud. You will focus on backend infrastructure, while leveraging proven distributed systems experience. You will strive to make the system faster to build, better tested, easier to deploy and more observable.
A customer is a healthcare IT security company. It provides healthcare companies with a platform that addresses critical compliance and security challenges. It helps to improve providers productivity.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field, and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding technical problem-solving, design and coding skills
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments with deep dive
- 4+ years of experience building distributed highly scalable hosted (SaaS) solutions on the JVM
- 2+ years of programming in functional paradigm language, such as Scala
- Experience with distributed streaming platforms, such as Kafka
- Reactive programming principles using frameworks, like Akka
- Proficiency with relational data stores
- Dedicated to producing quality code through best practices
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks
- Deep familiarity with RESTful Web APIs, JSON, web services and Linux environment
- Cryptography, security, and data privacy
- Experience developing for Continuous Deployment on AWS, GCP or similar
- Play an important role in the design and implementation of our highly scalable hosted (SaaS) solutions, with lots of autonomy while receiving guidance and feedback to help you grow
- Assume full range of software engineering responsibilities, including architecture, design, development, testing and production support
- Collaborate with DevOps, Product Management, Release Delivery, Customer Support and other groups towards developing most optimal solutions and troubleshooting issues
- Practice modern agile software development practices that deliver high-quality code: continuous integration and deployment, and automated testing
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.