Senior Software Engineer (C++) IRC154782
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||c++, C++-Linux, Virtual Environment|
The product is a set of software-defined storage systems, which provide a scalable distributed shared file system for professional media production and real-time media delivery. The solution enables true storage virtualization for any media application.
The team goal is to deliver solutions that are used by world’s biggest broadcasters and post-production houses as 24 * 7 systems all over the world.
- Strong C++ knowledge and experience (5+ years)
- Familiar with at least one set of threading and synchronization APIs: Windows threads / POSIX threads / C++11 threads (not OMP/TBB/MPI).
- Familiar with Linux C++ Toolchains
- Familiar with virtualization/cloud technologies
- Passion for high-quality code and design.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and best practices.
- Good English communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Experience in cross-platform software development (Win/Linux/OSX).
- Understanding of at least one of the cross-platform building tools for C++ (cmake or similar).
- Familiar with specifics of static and dynamic libraries development for complex applications.
- Performance profiling experience.
Optional, but highly appreciated:
Storages, AWS S3, VM Ware, VirtualBox, Windows, MacOS
Port a distributed storage system (server and client) for real-time media workflow to AWS virtual environment.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.