Site Reliability Developer IRC142397
|Location:||Ukraine - Kharkiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||AWS, CloudFormation, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Linux, MySQL, NoSQL, Terraform|
Our Client is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and acessories.
Our client is looking for a Site Reliability Developer to join our rapidly growing technology team. They will join the SRE squad and will be responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other production systems running smoothly. The Senior SRE will be accountable for the reliability, scalability and resilience of complex infrastructure components in terms of quality assurance and production. The ideal candidate will actively contribute to knowledge dissemination within the organization, participate in the recruiting and onboarding of new employees.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field, Master’s degree, an asset
● A minimum of 5 years experience administrating Linux based environments (Red Hat, CentOS, Debian or Ubuntu)
● A minimum of 5 years experience with service-oriented architectures, micro-services.
● Must have at least 2 years of working in Agile development life cycle
● A minimum of 6 years experience practicing continuous integration and continuous delivery.
● Expertise in infrastructure to support a microservice architecture.
● A minimum of 3 years experience in Infrastructure-as-code automation frameworks specifically with Terraform or Cloud Formation
● Strong knowledge of caching technologies (Fastly, Redis) with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
● Expertise with RDBMS (MySql, Postgres) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, DocumentDB, MongoDB) databases at scale
● Proficiency in Cloud resources (AWS) with the ability to operate them for the components owned, Certification preferred.
● Ability to use containers and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Docker, Container registries etc.) . Proficiency in Git
● Must have at least 2 years of experience with Kubernetes.
Nice to have Amazon EKS, ECS experience.
● Advanced in English, French is an asset
● Willingness and ability to learn fast
● High work ethic and results oriented
● High sense of accountability and ownership
● Solution-oriented mindset and can-do attitude to overcome challenges
● Team player with a natural ability to build relationships
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and master frequently changing Web technologies and techniques
Production Operations – 45%
● Handle emergency response either by being on-call or by reacting to symptoms according to monitoring and escalation when needed.
● Accountable for ensuring & improving documentation on site reliability measures, either in application documentation, or in runbooks, explaining the
issues encountered and the solutions implemented.
● Actively seek / identify opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring/ observation.
● Identify parts of the system that do not scale, provide immediate palliative measures and drive long-term resolution of these incidents.
● Improve the client’s codebase by resolving issues.
● Optimize cloud cost and reduce system resource usage by setting clear requirements through efficiency and capacity planning.
Maintain Service Level Objectives (SLO)/ Service Level Indicator (SLI) – 35%
● Plan, design and execute solutions within the infrastructure team to reach specific goals agreed within the team.
● Share the learnings publicly, either by creating issues that provide context for anyone to understand it or by writing blog posts.
● Proposes ideas and solutions within the infrastructure team to reduce the workload by automation.
● Identify Service Level Indicators (SLIs) that will align the team to meet the availability and latency objectives.
● Perform and run blameless RCAs on incidents and outages aggressively looking for answers that will prevent the incident from ever happening again.
Knowledge sharing & coaching – 20%
● Actively contribute to Client’s University, the internal peer learning platform, to promote continuous learning
● Participate in the onboarding of new developers
● Mentor Junior in all areas and other SREs in their area of deep knowledge.
● Set an example for a team of SREs with positive and inclusive leadership and discussion on work.
● Trusted to de-escalate conflicts inside the team.
● Review Pull Request, documentation with the objective to guide and upskill junior developers on various technical/SRE topics
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.