Sr Technical Networking Engineer – Tier2 IRC136917
|Location:||Argentina - Buenos Aires|
|Skills:||Customer Support, Linux, Networking, TCP/IP|
Client is the worldwide leader in video delivery and cable access solutions. Our innovative solutions are key for smarter, faster, and simpler operations.
We will be providing L2 support
1) Experience with support of Linux based operating systems.
We expect that you know:
– how systemd works (systemctl, journalctl)
– main networking tools (ifconfig, netstat, iptables)
– how to work with file system (fsck, fstab, mount, lsblk)
– how to identify and troubleshoot performance issues on the system
– basic bash scripting (while, for, sed, awk, timeout, printf)
2) Experience with support of networking environment.
We expect that you:
– have good experience with tcpdump and wireshark
– know OSI model with detailed description of each layer
– have good DHCP understanding (messaging, relays, optional fields)
– know on the basic level main routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
– have good understanding on how packets/frames traverse the network (MAC tables, ARP, encapsulation/decapsulation)
– have basic understanding of IGMP + PIM
3) Experience in customer support/product support activities:
– good spoken English (you don’t have issues with holding long technical discussions)
– deep cooperation with R&D department
Would be a plus:
– Experience with Salesforce / Jira / Confluence
– Knowledge of Zabbix / Grafana
– Expereince with PostgreSQL / Prometheus
– Python scripting (telebot, pyzabbix)
– Black-Box testing
– Experience with Pacemaker / RabbitMQ / GlusterFS
– Understanding of DOCSIS
JIRA, Protocol Stack, Zabbix, Grafana
– Be responsible for providing technical support (mostly tier 2) in assigned product areas to Harmonic’s regional customer support engineers and, when necessary, customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Harmonic and associated equipment;
– Work closely with Tier 1 Support on technical support cases of various complexity;
– Work closely with SW Engineering, HW Engineering, QA and Customer Integration teams in order to troubleshoot complex customer scenarios;
– Coordinate both hardware and software upgrades to the existing Harmonic customer base;
– Participate with Engineering and Marketing in product focused bug reviews to provide Customer Support input on severity and priority in the customer’s environment.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment:Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance:GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules, opportunities to work from home, and paid time off on your birthday.
Professional Development:Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes English classes, professional certifications, and technical and soft skill trainings. We also offer the chance to travel internationally
Excellent Benefits:We provide our employees with competitive salaries, family medical insurance, extended paternity leave, annual performance bonuses, and referral bonuses.
Fun Perks:We want you to love where you work, which is why we cater breakfast daily and offer discounts for popular stores and restaurants!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.