Studio Engineer CMF IRC173108
|Location:||Sweden - Gothenburg|
GlobalLogic Sweden is looking for a Studio Engineer CMF to work for one of our clients within the Automotive industry with a location in Gothenburg, Sweden.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. engineering OR equivalent relevant experience
• Experience of working with polymers and plastic materials.
• Deep knowledge in polymers, NFPP
• Ability to drive, motivate and convince
• Good communication skills
• Ability to build a wide network
• Ability to communicate / explain the design intentions
• Fluent in English
As Studio Engineer CMF Material specialist, you are an active link between Product Design, Engineering, suppliers and Purchasing departments. You will work cross projects and cross functions from initial benchmarks and target settings through to industrialization.
You will work very closely with CMF designers, but also with Engineering and suppliers, to develop new materials such as exterior colours, exterior and interior decors, interior trims, interior colours etc.
You will be developing strategies, ensuring our deliveries and plan our CMF development within Product Design. You are representing Design in the areas and you need to understand both the big picture and to be able to go into detailed discussions.
Responsibilities and tasks
• Support CMF development- and 3D Design with technical expertise in surface materials and related processes
• Perform Material and Supplier Research, and organize supplier meetings
• Evaluate techniques that suppliers present and get an understanding of what it would mean in terms of design (including 3D design), timing and cost.
• Participate in- and contribute with technical input at CMF-, Interior- and Exterior design reviews.
• Participate in Project Content discussions.
• Prepare- and follow up budget and time schedule for material development.
• Initiate- and document handshake for supplier selections for Master developments.
• Coordinate that technical requirements (pre-verification demands), cost targets etc. for materials is agreed and communicated to selected suppliers.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.