Test Engineer – Smart TV IRC161837
|Location:||India - Bangalore|
|Skills:||OTT Application Testing, Smart TV Testing, STB Testing|
• Experience working with Smart TVs and/or Set-top Box(STB) or any Multimedia Products.
• Wireless networking knowledge including configuring and testing routers.
• Streaming video and audio analysis knowledge.
• Subjective & Objective audio and video qualification.
• Audio & Video Codec Knowledge.
• Experience in OTT Application Testing.
• Broadcasting Standard Knowledge – ATSC, DVB, MPEG.
• Experience in writing and executing test plans for consumer electronics products.
• Experience with home networking functionality, Wi-Fi and audio / video streaming; Audio / Video codecs (HLS, MP4, MKV, etc.).
• Experience in using Automation frameworks, writing scripts.
• Tools – JIRA, TestRail or any other Bug tracking tool and Test Management Tool.
• Key skills – Software Testing with Smart TVs and/or Set-top Box (STB) or any Multimedia Products.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
• Education Background: BE/B.Tech in E&C, CS, or equal
Smart TV testing, OTT Application Testing, STB testing, Audio & Video Codec, DVB Tables, Manifest Files
• Assist in the certification process for devices to ensure compatibility.
• Troubleshoot issues to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports.
• Automate simple & repetitive manual tests.
• Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
• Executing tests on software usability.
• Analyzing test results on errors or bugs, and usability.
• Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and report to team.
• Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle and experience with a variety of testing techniques.
• Willingness to execute test procedures to verify functionality against specs and product requirements.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: We focus on industries like High-Tech, communication, media, healthcare, retail and telecom. Our customer list is full of fantastic global brands and leaders who love what we build for them.
Collaborative Environment: You Can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules, opportunities to work from home, and paid time off and holidays.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes Communication skills training(GL Vantage, Toast Master),Stress Management program, professional certifications, and technical and soft skill trainings.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with competitive salaries, family medical insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance , NPS(National Pension Scheme ), Periodic health awareness program, extended maternity leave, annual performance bonuses, and referral bonuses.
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports events, cultural activities, offer food on subsidies rates, Corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones, rooftop decks and GL Club where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table and offer discounts for popular stores and restaurants!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.