Trainee Linux Kernel Engineer IRC165861
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Trainee Software Engineer|
|Skills:||ARM, C++-Linux, Device Drivers - kernel space, Linux Kernel|
Our Client is the top Tier-1 company in the automotive world. Project goals are software implementation for Client infotainment hardware platform intended to be used in a mass-production car/vehicle market.
SW platform: Android 8.1 and Android 10/11
HW platform: Snapdragon 820a (MSM8996), Snapdragon 8155/6155, and Renesas R-Car-M3
The scope of the project includes SW design preparing, implementation, integration, and maintenance phases with following modern industry standards for development processes in the automotive segment (Automotive SPICE) and Agile (SCRUM).
- 0.5+ years of experience in software development
- Good knowledge of C
- Good knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms
- Experience of Unix/Linux usage (CLI)
- Intermediate level of English knowledge
- Experience in Embedded Systems development
- Experience in Linux System and Kernel space development
- Experience in development of Android-based systems
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT) and build tools (Make)
Embedded, Android, Yocto, Git
- Participate in a vendor specific HW platform bring-up.
- Contribute to the development and debugging of the Kernel related issues.
- Contribute to the development and bug-fixing of the Linux drivers.
- Contribute to the BSP development
- Contribute to the migration to the new kernel versions
- Take part in kernel profiling and performance optimization
- Cooperate with other teams worldwide to follow up product development
- Bootloader customization for customer specific (animation, configuration passing to LK)
- Device tree
- Drivers implementation (from the scratch, porting existing drivers from another platform/another LK versions)
- Apple Device Support
- Reach Bluetooth feature set (multi phone, BLE, Call Management, Audio Streaming, VR)
- Connectivity (WiFi, Dual Band AP)
- Internal and external amplifiers
- USB hub (MTP, Mass Storage)
- Radio full feature set (AM/FM/DAB/SXM)
- Internationalization support
- Hardware controls (knobs, keys)
- SW updates (USB, OTA)
- Power control (PMIC, Suspend to RAM)
- Quick cold boot
- Multiple cameras support (RVC, Cargo, etc.)
- Diagnostic and engineering modes support
- Sand box for 3rd party applications
There will be a lot of challenging and technologically advanced tasks:
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.