Trainee NOC Engineer IRC132940
|Location:||Ukraine - Lviv|
|Designation:||Trainee Software Engineer|
|Skills:||IT Support, Linux, Networking, Systems Administration|
Customer is a recognized leader in the OTT TV (Over the Top TV), OVP (Online Video Platform), EdVP (Education Video Platform) and EVP (Enterprise Video Platform) markets.
We are looking for a motivated and proactive NOC Engineer to join our growing team.
The team is responsible for providing ongoing monitoring support to multiple high-loaded environments.
Utilizing knowledge of the customer environment, the team delivers timely and high-quality incident resolution process.
We are focusing on root cause analysis, prevention measures, and knowledge transfer.
Tools/solutions that are used in the project:
Linux and Windows servers on-premises and deployed in the cloud environments (AWS).
Apache, Nginx, IIS, MySQL, MSSQL, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached, Sphinx, RabbitMQ, Celery.
Components on C++, JAVA, PHP, Node.js, Python.
CI/CD toolset: Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring solutions used in the project:
– OpsGenie alerts and incidents management platform
– Prometheus, Grafana, ElasticSearch, Kibana
– AWS Cloudwatch for native AWS environments events collecting
– External availability monitoring using Dotcom-Monitor
– Witbe robots for FE end-to-end scenarios monitoring
– Youbora for end-user experience analytics
– Logz.io as central logs and traffic aggregator
- Hands-on experience in Linux servers admnistration, networks and tech support of web applications
- English language skills (at least intermediate spoken and written level)
- Eager to learn and great customer service attitude
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in shifts after trainee program
bash scripting, DevOps Tools, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Python, Docker
NOC engineer responsibilities
– Network, Infrastructure, Services monitoring
– Respond to incidents according to the incident management policy
– Finetune checks and alerts thresholds
– NOC toolset maintaining
– Service monitoring during the maintenances
– Performance reports (i.e. uptime, response times and services status)
– Production quality control (end-users service level monitoring and ability to check it after changes take place)
– Keep and update a directory of all 3rd parties (store partners contacts and keep escalation schemas up to date)
NOC department responsibilities
– One focal point that always knows the service level and issues status
– Drive to continuous improvement between all departments on monitoring needs
– Defining reliable and preventive monitoring requirements as part of the product development life cycle
– Drive to run recovery procedures that regain service as soon as possible
– Communication, coordination, collaboration
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 18,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.