(UA-BCP) Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Monitoring (EST timezone) IRC151468
|Location:||Poland - Krakow|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps, Powershell Scripting|
Our client delivers personalized experiences, cross-channel messaging and loyalty programs that add value to the customer relationships. The the product enables marketers to rapidly scale and meet the demands of the modern consumer. Marketers can easily deploy targeted and triggered cross-channel campaigns, compile data from multiple sources, and strategically promote desired customer behaviors – effectively increasing revenue and enhancing customer experiences.
What We’re Looking For
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience
● 4+ years of hands-on experience providing daily support of the company’s applications infrastructure. This includes monitoring, and troubleshooting to ensure high-availability, and uptime.
● Some hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Unix production environments using command line tools, networking and security concepts.
● Basic experience working with databases such as MSSQL and/or Oracle.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate with local and remote teams in different time zones
● Experience collaborating cross-functionally on availability / performance issues in order to identify root-cause, determine areas for improvement, and drive those actions to closure through effective solutions.
● Experience designing, building and implementing necessary dashboards from application and infrastructure health perspectives using tools such as Splunk and New Relic.
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion to resolve the issues in a timely manner.
● Any previous experience setting up monitoring for applications is a plus.
● Experience managing alerts/monitors with tools such as New Relic, Splunk, etc.
● Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing to include Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings
● Demonstrated ability to compose clear and concise technical documentation.
Continuous Integration, DevOps Practices, SQL, C#, .NET, DNS, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
This role involves a work schedule from 7am to 4pm Costa Rica time, Monday – Friday.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Monitoring is a fundamental piece of the Site Reliability Engineering team. Site Reliability Engineering is accountable for the availability, reliability, and performance of the services and platforms as well as the design and architecture of the systems and services provided by the Customer. Provisioning is responsible for providing installation, configuration, maintenance and support in a highly transactional 24×7 environment across all platforms ensuring all of our customers, globally, have a great experience using the Customer’s Digital Marketing Suite and other campaign platforms.
What You’ll Do:
● To help drive resolution of system and application failures based on defined standard operating procedures, as well as ongoing feedback on these procedures, and coordination of internal resources for applying fixes to recurring alerts.
● Provide engineering, installation, configuration, maintenance and support in a highly transactional 24×7 environment
● Provide basic system and alerts troubleshooting and problem escalation management.
● Demonstrate ownership, and command of the tools used to perform regular checks, and troubleshooting of application issues.
● Participate in support of application / product architecture review to vet project design across the organization from the Monitoring perspective
● Deep understanding of cloud monitoring using AWS to facilitate SLA/SLI/SLO fullfillment
● Working knowledge of logging best practices
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.