Video Engineer/Transcode Developer (C++) IRC174500
|Location:||Ukraine - Kyiv|
|Designation:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills:||C++, JSON, Stream Processing, Video / Stream processing, XML|
The enterprise-level multimedia platform is widely used among broadcasters, Video-on-Demand services, and other media-related areas.
Our company is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
For content providers who want high-quality media experiences for their audiences, our company is trusted to manage and transform complex, mission-critical services with superior expertise, leading technology platforms, and passion.
We consistently deliver the highest quality Managed Services utilizing the most agile and efficient solutions to reduce time-to-market and minimize business continuity risks. We can deliver our customers’ content to their audience on every device, ensuring it is discoverable and optimized. We ensure to be the best long-term partner to meet our customers’ complex and rapidly changing needs through our unique media heritage, technology experience, and innovation focus. Our portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including Playout, Media Management, OTT, and more.
- Detailed knowledge of, and extensive hands-on experience with video and audio domain formats and technology expertise.
- Established and emerging codecs (including MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VC-1, AAC, and AC3)
- Containers (including MXF, QuickTime, MP4, Transport Stream, and Programme Stream)
- Streaming technologies (including Apple HLS, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, MPEG-DASH, and CMAF)
- Video encoding software and hardware including FFMPEG, Telestream Vantage, AWS Elemental, etc.
- Configuring and troubleshooting DRM technologies including Widevine, FairPlay and PlayReady
- Familiar with Audio loudness and correction parameters
- Knowledge and experience working with AD and subtitle formats.
- Familiar with audio mapping and configuration of probe rulesets and test plans
- Aurora QC – configure, design, and execute test plans
- Minnetonka Transcode – configure, design, and execute test plans
- Vantage Transcoding – configure, design, and execute test plans
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
Understanding of QC processes including all relevant technical standards:
- Knowledge and experience with Automatic QC principles and practice
- Knowledge and experience (building and testing) with video encoding and transcoding technologies particularly FFMPEG
- Experience with working with, translating, and processing XML data
- Good knowledge and experience in Json
- Knowledge of the programming languages C#, .net and GO
- ACSR Qualifications
- Knowledge of broadcast video formats, protocols, and encoding standards
- Knowledge of broadcast video infrastructure, Desirable to have experience with setting up and configuring video & audio matrices, control systems & KVM, and PCoIP Matrix systems
- High level of experience with fundamental IT Principles including Operating Systems (Wintel, MacOs, Linux) Networking (Routing, WAN, Security, Proxy) Authentication (LDAP, AD)
- Familiarity with API Integration (eg SOAP, REST etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting multiple sites efficiently and conscientiously
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalized approaches to documentation
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long-term relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective, and deliverable
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalize the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems, and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High-quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
SOAP, REST, .NET
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a senior transcode developer role using the best techniques available in a fast-moving product-centric environment. You will be a key part of a cross-functional product development group using agile management and engineering practices.
The Video Engineer/Transcode developer is a key role within the platform development team working with a principal engineer to develop and test implemented functions within software applications and solutions with the aim to build a portfolio of platform services that allows Red Bee and its client base to tackle an ever-changing media environment.
This role requires working closely with the principal engineer and other skilled architects, developers, testers, product owners, and business stakeholders to help innovate and develop solutions across the domain of Media Management. This is a hands-on role.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
About GlobalLogicGlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.