||Ukraine - Kyiv
|| Agile, Product Owner
The product is a set of software-defined storage systems, which provide scalable distributed shared file system for professional media production and real-time media delivery. The solution enables true storage virtualization for any media application.
The project is a distributed team with co-workers located in Kyiv, US, and Poland sites.
The team goal is to deliver solutions that are used by the world’s biggest broadcasters and post-production houses as 24 * 7 systems all over the world.
- Understanding of Agile development and practical use cases
- Deep understanding of storage and cloud technologies and markets
- Familiarity with media and entertainment workflows
- Understanding of media management concepts including storage tiering
- Understanding of cloud storage principles and concepts, including block and object storage
- Must be able to articulate thoughts-in detail through written communications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the worldwide development team
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or related field
- At least 2+ years experience leading large design efforts and coordinating project teams of 4 or more members
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites worldwide (20%) and may have flexible work time requirements
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Comfortable working with multiple teams with remote members
- Ability to work with and build strong relationships with members of cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and customers
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong Technical aptitude
- Team player, with great work ethics and a quick learner
- Comfortable driving teams and management to decisions; willing to push-back for information and answers
- Able to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of workflows for TV, Film, Post Production a strong plus
- Experience working as a Product Owner on a team that has delivered enterprise software products or SaaS cloud offering using an agile approach
- Experience leading, collaborating, and working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience with agile enterprise software development processes and methodologies
- Pragmatic Marketing or similar certification in product management or product ownership
- Certification in Scaled Agile, preferably as a Product Owner
- You’ve been responsible for ensuring the quality of experience and completeness in a product before it ships. And your products have shipped very frequently.
- You have a serious passion for learning. Not just about new topics, but also about yourself: you welcome and elicit feedback on what you can do better.
Media, Media & Entertainment, Storages, Azure, Cloud Systems
The Product Owner position resides within the Product Management team and plays a critical role in the delivery. Product Owners are responsible for translating the product vision and roadmap into commercially successful products and features through collaboration with product managers, development teams, customers, and other stakeholders. This position requires proficiency in on-prem storage, cloud storage, SaaS (software as a service). Knowledge media workflows is a plus.
On a day-to-day basis, you will ensure that the storage engineering team has the information, context, and details needed to deliver maximum user value by actively managing and prioritizing the product backlog, representing customer needs, and answering technical questions.
The Product Owner must not only be proficient at creating prioritized feature lists and well-written user stories but must also be technical enough to understand how to apply technology and innovation to address the quickly changing needs of the media industry.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Work closely with Product Manager on the creation and execution of product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional program team to develop and execute against product roadmaps and release plans.
- Work closely with product manager and engineering teams to break roadmap down into EPICs and user stories.
- Own, prioritize, and maintain product backlog including a definition of features and acceptance criteria and hosting of regular grooming sessions.
- Regularly interact with customers to understand general market trends down to specific user requirements with an ability to effectively develop and use personas.
- Understand driving need behind customer requests, because you’ve learned that many times the initial “ask” from them is not the right solution for the true problem they’re facing.
- Serve as “voice of the customer” reinforcing customer perspective throughout product development cycle..
- Be a spokesperson for product-team efforts in sprint reviews and technology demonstrations and be able to express the value of our efforts from the customer perspective.
- Proactively manage expectations and education of all product stakeholders, including but not limited to customers, partners, and internal functions, such as production support, service, and sales.
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic unites over 16,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred company by both global HR consulting firms and local boards. By creating an environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our consultants to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.