Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative broadband solutions that deliver video, voice and data to communications providers around the world. GL team participates in development, QA and support of several generations of such solutions.
The CableOS project is about developing the new software-based network equipment that provides access to Internet/IPTV/VoIP services using powerful servers.
It is an innovative solution for Internet Service Providers that will allow to get rid of the existing HW equipment and to migrate to the cloud, saving customers the enormous expenses for the support of huge number of hardware network equipment. Currently, there are no competitors to this project in the world and Customer offers the opportunity to be at the beginning of the rapid development of the product and the opportunity to take their place in a fast-paced engineering team.
- Opportunity to work in a team of domain professionals promoting high working standards.
- Experience in support of world-leading Cable Operators and Multiple-System Operators (MSOs) across the globe.
- Comprehensive training in areas of Digital Video, DOCSIS, Networking.
- Hands-on experience in development, maintenance and support of modern embedded systems (Linux-based).
- Work with cutting-edge networking solutions employing the latest NFV and SDN technologies
- Work in multicultural development and support teams spread across continents.
- Visiting customers in Europe for troubleshooting complex technical support cases and performing system integration activities
- Education: Bachelor in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent;
- Understanding of networking systems hardware and software design and troubleshooting;
- Strong theoretical knowledge in the following areas: IP network switching and routing protocols, TCP/IP stack;
- Ability to understand technical documentation including Software/Hardware Configuration Guides, schematics, work instructions, test procedures, etc.;
- Language – English at advanced level / Another European language is a plus.
This position requires significant travel within EMEA region mainly but not limited.
- Experience in configuration and administration of Linux-based servers;
- Ability to understand, communicate and clearly document customer issues;
- Preferred understanding/knowledge of DOCSIS, DVB/ATSC, CMTS configuration and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for supporting activities for CableOS client lab integration, testing, qualifications, and field trials;
- Responsible for clear communication with marketing, engineering, and sales team about client expectations;
- Responsible for clear communication with client regarding status and project plan for CableOS;
- Create and maintain project plan documentation;
- Responsible for testing new software and hardware; report and track defects to engineering;
- Design, execute, and lead client field trials;
- Train clients on the operation and troubleshooting of the CableOS system;
- Train field service team on the operations and troubleshooting of CableOS system and any new features that are supported;
- Assist with deployments and technical support as needed.
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill trainings to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and teambuilding activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 11,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.