Avid creates the technology that people use to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world…the shows, commercials, and news programs you watch on TV…the entertaining video and film stories you see on the web and on the big screen. Our innovative digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us dozens of awards, including 2 Oscars®, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®. If you want to be a part of the media industry’s transformation and think you have what it takes to contribute to our customers’ success, please send us your credentials.
Required background and experience
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience designing and developing of service-oriented architectures
- Experience developing web-applications
- Good understanding of client-server architecture
- Experience designing and building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Solid knowledge of database design and technologies SQL based and NoSQL; experience with MongoDB and Redis is a plus
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Linux based operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of REST architecture
- Strong OO-design and -programming skills and experience writing software using Test-Driven Development principals
- Understanding of service deployment models and hands-on experience with virtualization/container technologies
- Experience with a continuous integration workflow and using source control system (e.g. git)
- A proven track record to work independently, though collaboratively and a willingness to learn
- Excellent time, task, and resource organization skills, ability to accurately forecast work effort, and be willing to meet aggressive deadlines
- The ability to communicate efficiently in English is a must
Will be a plus
- Knowledge of Java is a must, experience with NodeJs desirable, C# .Net is a plus
- Experience with cloud-type infrastructure environments
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with working in a distributed team and across several time zones
- Experience developing using an agile/SCRUM process
We are looking for a talented software development engineer to join Avid’s Platform Infrastructure Engineering team. You will be working at the heart of Avid’s MediaCentral Platform in a highly efficient and creative agile scrum environment, developing the core platform services and components that drive the foundation functionality and infrastructure.
A successful candidate will be able to understand the complex interactions of message-oriented systems as well as web-applications built on that type of architecture, including services written in Java or Node.JS (and be flexible to switch to other programming languages like C# .Net if necessary).
The candidate will be able to implement new functionality within such systems using an agile SCRUM process.
The ideal candidate will act both as an experienced engineer as well as a strong individual contributor.
Given a high-level functional specification, the successful candidate must be able to create a detailed design specification and follow through with its implementation.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate well in a multi-site project, including coordinating of development and deliverables with other teams worldwide.
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill trainings to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and teambuilding activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 11,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.