This is a new project under Physio-Control program. Production DBA will work with a mission-critical medical product.
- Ability to handle the primary duties on both Oracle 10gR2 (command line managed) and Microsoft SQL server
- On-call 24/7 troubleshooting of a production Database server for a year. You don’t have to be the only DBA or even have DBA in your job description but they call you when it stops working
- Using (oracle) views or equivalent DMV MS-SQL server tools to answer server level performance questions
- Being familiar with Brent Ozar First Responder Kit and related scripts
- Intermediate written and speaking English
- Ensure the database servers have a backup plan that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Testing the backups created to verify they meet the business’s Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshooting Database server production issues and outages, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure Database monitoring for new instances and make needed adjustments to existing alarms to validate alerts are timely
- Install and configure Database server software
- Work with team on performance issues, pointing to most effective improvement be it adding hardware, configuration changes and or index / query changes
- Familiarity with Oracle log shipping and the primary / standby server roles
- Document the company’s database environment
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill trainings to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and teambuilding activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 11,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.