|Location:||United Kingdom - London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Glasgow|
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company.
Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise – we help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses.
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies “build the exceptional” and be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You’ll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
This role is based in our UK&I region.
About the role:
• You will be responsible for leading client engagements and building out the practice to enable the organisation to scale. This role will be a mixture of client facing and internal growth.
• You will be hands on in projects to provide technical guidance and validation to the team.
• You will be responsible for stakeholder management, building client relationships and identifying new opportunities.
• You will need to have a thirst to grow and mentor the team, people come first and it's important to foster the growth of the team.
• Part of your responsibilities will be to support and engage in presales activities, this will include understanding requirements from customers, building out proposals and SOWs.
• You will be involved as part of the hiring process to ensure the team scales to match business growth and demand.
• Provide recommendations and thought into existing business processes to ensure optimum efficiency.
About you (ideally):
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of DevOps practices such as CI, CD, Infra as Code, Cloud, Monitoring
• A passion for open-source programming or commercial tooling
• A strong background in leadership of multiple engineering teams
• Experience in building up and mentoring teams
• Being part of implementing end to end delivery lifecycles
•Hungry to learn, out of the box thinkers
• A client focused 'can-do' attitude
• High attention to detail
• Continuously challenging the status quo
• Feeling comfortable to work with new clients
• Ideally passionate for speaking at conference and meetups Technical Insight:
• Desirable experience working with some DevOps tooling:
• Continuous Integration – Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Travis CI etc.
• Continuous Deployment/Delivery – Automic, Octopus Deploy, UrbanCode etc.
• Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere etc.
• Configuration Management – Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
• Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
• Infrastructure as Code – HashiStack (Terraform, Vault, Consul ..), CloudFormation etc.
• Monitoring – ELK, Prometheus, Splunk etc.
• Experience in one of the following scripting language: Java, Bash, Python, Powershell, Golang, etc.
• Experience working with Linux and/or Windows systems.
Why work at GlobalLogic
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering our people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences – providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region also supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by our business, customer and individual needs.
You’ll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), and discounted gym memberships. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day – so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors – https://www.techtalentcharter.co.uk/