Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative broadband solutions that deliver video, voice and data to telecom providers around the world.
Harmonic EDGE team works on developing the industry’s first software-based CCAP solution (“CableOS”). This solution allows cable operator companies to deliver the IP-based data, video, and voice services to millions of customers.
GlobalLogic team is involved in development, manual and automated testing, as well as in solution integration at customers’ head.
- Opportunity to work in the team of domain professionals promoting high working standards.
- Experience in support of world leading Cable Operators and Multiple-System Operators (MSOs) across the globe.
- Comprehensive training in areas of Digital Video, DOCSIS, Networking.
- Hands-on experience in development, maintenance and support of modern embedded systems (Linux-based).
- Work with cutting-edge networking solutions employing latest NFV and SDN technologies
- Work in multicultural development and support teams spread across continents.
- Visits to customers in Western Europe and USA for troubleshooting complex technical support cases and performing system integration activities
1) Experience with support of Linux based operating systems.
We expect that you know:
- how systemd works (systemctl, journalctl)
- main networking tools (ifconfig, netstat, iptables)
- how to work with file system (fsck, fstab, mount, lsblk)
- how to identify and troubleshoot performance issues on the system
- basic bash scripting (while, for, sed, awk, timeout, printf)
2) Experience with support of networking environment.
We expect that you:
- have good experience with tcpdump and wireshark
- know OSI model with detailed description of each layer
- have good DHCP understanding (messaging, relays, optional fields)
- know on the basic level main routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
- have good understanding on how packets/frames traverse the network (MAC tables, ARP, encapsulation/decapsulation)
- have basic understanding of IGMP + PIM
3) Experience in customer support/product support activities:
- good spoken English (you don't have issues with holding long technical discussions)
- deep cooperation with R&D department
- Experience with Salesforce / Jira / Confluence
- Knowledge of Zabbix / Grafana
- Expereince with PostgreSQL / Prometheus
- Python scripting (telebot, pyzabbix)
- Black-Box testing
- Experience with Pacemaker / RabbitMQ / GlusterFS
- Understanding of DOCSIS
- Be responsible for providing technical support (mostly tier 2) in assigned product areas to Harmonic’s regional customer support engineers and, when necessary, customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Harmonic and associated equipment;
- Work closely with Tier 1 Support on technical support cases of various complexity;
- Work closely with SW Engineering, HW Engineering, QA and Customer Integration teams in order to troubleshoot complex customer scenarios;
- Coordinate both hardware and software upgrades to the existing Harmonic customer base;
- Participate with Engineering and Marketing in product focused bug reviews to provide Customer Support input on severity and priority in the customer’s environment.
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill trainings to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and teambuilding activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. We expertly integrate design, complex engineering, and agile delivery capabilities to deliver superior business outcomes for global brands in telecom, automotive, healthcare, technology, media and entertainment, manufacturing, and semiconductor industries.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic employs over 11,000 designers and engineers across the globe. Analysts like NASSCOM and Zinnov have recognized us for being a top company in our field, and we are consistently nominated as a preferred employer by both global HR consultative firms and local job boards. By creating a work environment that is exciting and flexible, and by fostering growth through ongoing learning and development programs, we empower our employees to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
At GlobalLogic, we make amazing products — and careers.