Software Engineering IRCManager
|Location:||United Kingdom - Manchester|
|Skills:||Agile, Databases, Management, Software Development, Team Leading|
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company. Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise – we help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses.
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies “build the exceptional” and be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You’ll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
This role is based in our UK&I region.
As an Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in driving you team to design, develop and release high-quality solutions, overseeing architecture design and ownership of the services developed and managed by the team. You’ll manage an engineering team to achieve success in all goals delivery, technical and engineering excellence, closely collaborating with the leadership both internally and with GlobalLogic clients.
- Strong understanding of diverse technology stacks, knowledge of platform and service development processes within a Cloud Native architecture.
- A passion for software craftsmanship, technically sound design, clean code, and continuous improvement, a solid understanding of engineering practices.
- Ability to comprehend complex software systems at an abstract level.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering large scale software solutions in the cloud which involves frontend and backend sides, infrastructure, automation & testing.
- Excellent knowledge in designing automated unit, functional and stress tests.
- Experience in software delivery through CI/CD pipeline.
- Possess strong analysis, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working within an Agile software development process, and Scrum framework.
- Proven ability to understand product business environment and drivers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and operate effectively in a collaborative global environment at all levels of the organization, internal stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities between several teams, some of them remotely.
Must-Have: Very high personal communication skills, and be able to interact – with people of different levels and cultures.
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver best in class software solutions.
- Cultivate a strong innovative engineering culture in an agile environment.
- Oversee, lead and support architecture and solution design decisions and accomplishments of products goals.
- Grow technical expertise of the team around quality, scalability, resiliency and interoperability using state of the art technologies.
- Provide coaching and feedback on team member performance and career development.
- Support the team’s progress against multiple projects and assist issue mitigation and resolution.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards, regulatory and other business systems.
- Manage the software development process: assign tasks to the relevant teams/engineers, control the ETAs, contribute to release planning etc. of different levels and cultures. Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases
What We Offer
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering our people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences – providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region also supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by our business, customer and individual needs.
You’ll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), and discounted gym memberships. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day – so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors – https://www.techtalentcharter.co.uk/